5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

led replacement

Oaktree96321

Reaction score
I replaced my halogen bulbs by Sealight led bulbs today. Initially all seemed fine but after returning from running an errant the dashboard displayed “key fob not recognized”, the dashboard run crazy, electronics in the fuse box kept clicking, and r
engine won’t start. Is this a “canbus” issue and should I go back to halogen? Any suggestions?

Toperz

Reaction score
I replaced my halogen bulbs by Sealight led bulbs today. Initially all seemed fine but after returning from running an errant the dashboard displayed “key fob not recognized”, the dashboard run crazy, electronics in the fuse box kept clicking, and r
engine won’t start. Is this a “canbus” issue and should I go back to halogen? Any suggestions?
I would change them back to halogen and get good, tested led bulbs (check headlights revolution website). Power in our trucks is very picky and can couse lots of problems.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
This can be a thing with aftermarket LEDs which interfere with the key fob.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The last Ram I had that came with halogens, I changed to LEDs with no problem, but these days it seems like any changes to anything electronic effects things.
Not sure why. Some LEDs don’t seem to affect anything while others do.

Oaktree96321

Reaction score
Feedback: So after I installed my halogen bulbs again, the truck still would not start. Battery voltage was 12.7 V. The next day I used a battery jump starter to start the engine. Battery was 10.5 V. I therefore replaced the battery and after a while only the airbag warning light remains lit (message on display is “Service Airbag System”). Error Code is P1DF3. I meanwhile also re-installed the LED bulbs. Unless there are any other suggestions (I checked the airbag fuse), I will take it to the dealer next.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Feedback: So after I installed my halogen bulbs again, the truck still would not start. Battery voltage was 12.7 V. The next day I used a battery jump starter to start the engine. Battery was 10.5 V. I therefore replaced the battery and after a while only the airbag warning light remains lit (message on display is “Service Airbag System”). Error Code is P1DF3. I meanwhile also re-installed the LED bulbs. Unless there are any other suggestions (I checked the airbag fuse), I will take it to the dealer next.
Bad battery?

Users who are viewing this thread