5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED lightbars?

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
I live in the foothills of denver I do a ton of backcountry driving and shooting...I installed the rough country 20 inch led bar it is hidden behind the lower grill. Does not interfere w the sensors it is very bright....and it has amber day time running LEDs which look BADASS
I've gotten literally 2 to 3 comments a week on them about how awesome they look:)
For 200 shipped cant be beat. Ease of install was a 3 or 4 out of 10.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in the foothills of denver I do a ton of backcountry driving and shooting...I installed the rough country 20 inch led bar it is hidden behind the lower grill. Does not interfere w the sensors it is very bright....and it has amber day time running LEDs which look BADASS
I've gotten literally 2 to 3 comments a week on them about how awesome they look:)
For 200 shipped cant be beat. Ease of install was a 3 or 4 out of 10.

Can you take a vid or pictre of it installed with the Amber DRL turned on?

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
Dam you! Now you’re making me go out and spend more money! ;)

How did you handle the switching? Tie into factory or add a switch somewhere in the cab?
Added a switch after I ran power.
I wanted the lights to work independently from the factory....bc when I camp I could leave them on etc without having to idle the truck.
LEDs have a low power draw.
Eventually though. Like in a month I'm adding 6 more lights up top on my rhino bars of my topper...mostly smallish spots so when I off road etc.

I'll take a pic of my switches they are below the steering wheel on the lower panel:)

Here is the best I could capture my amber LEDs and then the regular full 9800 lumen blast.
Sorry to make u spend money haha
I'm sure I'll see ideas here and splurge at times too!

Yah u can see my plate

I dont care;) 20181129_203840.jpg 20181129_203813.jpg 20181129_203805.jpg

Last edited:

Vettethret

Reaction score
Anyone seen any roof brackets for a 52" lightbar? I'd rather the ones that go in the door channel rather than the ones that screw into the roof...

Be careful on the lightbar/roof combo. I put one on my 16 Denali 1500. It took a completely quite truck, and turned it into a whistling *****! The wind noise increased 20 fold, and it was a curved bar. I got somewhat used to it, but wouldn't do it again. Just heads up!

Attachments

• 20180105_111459.jpg
    20180105_111459.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
Be careful on the lightbar/roof combo. I put one on my 16 Denali 1500. It took a completely quite truck, and turned it into a whistling *****! The wind noise increased 20 fold, and it was a curved bar. I got somewhat used to it, but wouldn't do it again. Just heads up!
Ah Yup good pt.

drsubie

Reaction score
Added a switch after I ran power.
I wanted the lights to work independently from the factory....bc when I camp I could leave them on etc without having to idle the truck.
LEDs have a low power draw.
Eventually though. Like in a month I'm adding 6 more lights up top on my rhino bars of my topper...mostly smallish spots so when I off road etc.

I'll take a pic of my switches they are below the steering wheel on the lower panel:)

Here is the best I could capture my amber LEDs and then the regular full 9800 lumen blast.
Sorry to make u spend money haha
I'm sure I'll see ideas here and splurge at times too!

Yah u can see my plate

I dont care;) View attachment 9319 View attachment 9320 View attachment 9321

Where'd you mount the switch?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Ram made it pretty easy to run wires into the cab, theres a little nipple on the big rubber grommet where the wires pass through the firewall. It's located behind the battery to the right of the steering shaft. Just cut the nipple off (engine bay side only) and there's enough room to fit a few wires through without drilling. Or your wireless way also works.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram made it pretty easy to run wires into the cab, theres a little nipple on the big rubber grommet where the wires pass through the firewall. It's located behind the battery to the right of the steering shaft. Just cut the nipple off (engine bay side only) and there's enough room to fit a few wires through without drilling. Or your wireless way also works.

On my2014 I used the clutch plate access cover. Two bolts and it was out then drilled a hole through it and put a rubber grommet on it and sealed it back up. Just thought wireless would make it easier for people looking for a alternative and its way cheaper than the SPOD.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
I'm going to look into adding a roof rack and a cargo basket and then just mount it to that. Seems to look like the best option to me. Also, the most functional as well. I've been on the hunt for a roof rack system for our trucks but there isn't anything out there yet. I've contacted a few companies and they've all said about the same thing, we won't see one until after the new year. I'm not sure if a universal setup would work or if it would require any fab to make it work. I will post updates here if I can get it to work or you can follow me on Instagram as I'm way more active there. IG: rebelram19

Users who are viewing this thread