5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED lightbars?

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Anyone seen anything yet? Or have any good ideas for mounting locations?

Share your thoughts here

jamesfg

Reaction score
I had some ideas for our Rebel until I guinea pig'd it to ADD here in AZ for design/fab for their bumpers for the '19 & up models. I'm gonna wait til I get their bumpers before I start thinking about lighting.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Smittybilt lightbar mounted on my 2014 Outdoorsman that I will be transferring to my Rebel when I get it.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I was going to fit a I believe it was a 37" curved bar above the silver part of the bumper and take out the plastic to make it fit. I thank God that I can weld so fabbing up brackets to make it work wouldn't have been a problem.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 177

RamRebel19

Reaction score
Anyone seen any roof brackets for a 52" lightbar? I'd rather the ones that go in the door channel rather than the ones that screw into the roof...

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I made a thread about this a couple months ago when no companies had mounts. I designed and fabricated my own, I put a 20” rigid industries light bar in the small grille in the bumper. The plans for the mount are somewhere in that thread. I cut them out of stainless with our fancy HD plasma table, you could do it buy hand or have a local machine shop do it.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rigid-industries-light-bar-installation.2793/

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I don't see the point in these. Other than being the asshat that blinds everyone in the oncoming lane.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I don't see the point in these. Other than being the asshat that blinds everyone in the oncoming lane.
My interest is specifically for the ability to light up a dark work area, would be fine with flood only. Realistically more interested in a bolt on rear solution as the factory backup lighting leaves a lot to be desired in dark areas.

I completely agree, like plug and play HIDs, these have no place for use on public roads.

Vettethret

Reaction score
Anyone seen anything yet? Or have any good ideas for mounting locations?

Share your thoughts here

I have an ADD bumper inbound. I am putting a 40" Rigid Radiance in the bumper, and 4 separate 9" round LED's on top of the bumper. It was ordered over a month ago, hopefully it comes in soon.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I have an ADD bumper inbound. I am putting a 40" Rigid Radiance in the bumper, and 4 separate 9" round LED's on top of the bumper. It was ordered over a month ago, hopefully it comes in soon.
Kinda like the old school KC lights, very cool. We wanna see pictures when it’s done.

Vettethret

Reaction score
Kinda like the old school KC lights, very cool. We wanna see pictures when it’s done.

Same shape (9" round), but they are the Baja Designs LP9's. I've had this truck for a month stock, the wait for these parts is killing me!!!!!!!!!

Pnorth

Reaction score
Anyone know if the vents will be affected if mounting a 10” in each of the rectangular openings on each side of the RAM logo in the grille of a limited? Anyone removed the vents?

RamRebel19

Reaction score
I live out in the country and constantly drive where there are no street lights and around mine and my neighbor's farm. The added light is very helpful to avoid deer and tools/toys that get left out in the dirt. The lights are also very helpful when we are driving into the woods to go camping. I'm going to look at the 4th gen roof mounts and see if that'll work since nobody has any knowledge of them for the 5th gens.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score

I thought that until I saw one with the Yellow Color'd lights mounted low in a Grill on a very foggy morning down here in Texas on a area of US 59 with zero lights, It changed my mind and has me considering one now if I can figure how to mount it lower like this guy had his due to me having been caught in this fog and traversing this road quite a bit,

but as others stated above it wouldn't be used in town or well hell 99% of the time

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that until I saw one with the Yellow Color'd lights mounted low in a Grill on very foggy morning here in Texas whe ndriving to work once, It changed my mind and has me considering one now if I can figure how to mount it lower like this guy had his.
I was chatting with @Patriotmobiledetail today, and I think he said he's got a bar like that on his truck. If so, maybe he can share a pic!

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I thought that until I saw one with the Yellow Color'd lights mounted low in a Grill on a very foggy morning down here in Texas on a area of US 59 with zero lights, It changed my mind and has me considering one now if I can figure how to mount it lower like this guy had his due to me having been caught in this fog and traversing this road quite a bit,

but as others stated above it wouldn't be used in town or well hell 99% of the time

I don't know what it is around here but folks seem to like having 10000 LED lights on the front of ANYTHING and driving with them on all day long. I guess in some applications it is useful, but mostly I see public douchery around here.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I live out in the country and constantly drive where there are no street lights and around mine and my neighbor's farm. The added light is very helpful to avoid deer and tools/toys that get left out in the dirt. The lights are also very helpful when we are driving into the woods to go camping. I'm going to look at the 4th gen roof mounts and see if that'll work since nobody has any knowledge of them for the 5th gens.
Exactly this ^^^ Somebody has to be the first. I'll be watching with interest to see how you go with this.

Users who are viewing this thread