5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

led light bar.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Might be an Idea, I ordered the OEM Brake controller so I lost that spot!! The next would be ordering the switches and backings. Very good idea though. I think it is Ford that you can add them and they are in the overhead part. But that also might be for like their 250's

syddog 2000

Reaction score
John I used the standard bracket supplied with the light. Nothing special.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a couple of pics before work this morning. These are the light bar only. I have it adjusted a bit on the low side because it was my intension to use them as a drivin light enhancement. It has worked out just as I expected. The broad bright beam extends approximatley 1000 feet. I had a double row 32 on my last truck and as expected it eas brighter although I would not say twice as bright. However I was stopped by the police at 4:30 am. he informed me that they were for off road use only?? I am curtious and shut them down for on coming traffic. To answer your switch question, I went through the rubber gromet above the steering gear, and simply mounted the suppied switch to the light switch cover on the dash.

Nice Mod. I saw somewhere somebody mention something about using an adapter (wireless transmitter, or repeater, or whatever) that would allow you to repurpose the roof console buttons (homelink) and use them to control the light. Just bury a transmitter in the engine or under dash and use the buttons up top. Nice and clean. Personally, I hate add on buttons and dongles. Nice light bar though!

PS - Say Hi to Robert Kraft down there in Florida. I always though he was saying "Six Rings", not Sex Ring. LMAO!!!!

Jeff270

Reaction score
Nice Mod. I saw somewhere somebody mention something about using an adapter (wireless transmitter, or repeater, or whatever) that would allow you to repurpose the roof console buttons (homelink) and use them to control the light. Just bury a transmitter in the engine or under dash and use the buttons up top. Nice and clean. Personally, I hate add on buttons and dongles. Nice light bar though!

PS - Say Hi to Robert Kraft down there in Florida. I always though he was saying "Six Rings", not Sex Ring. LMAO!!!!
Hey, the Patriots are so good even their 77 year old owner can score at will! Go Pats!

Rabble-Rouser

Reaction score

That wireless receiver idea is brilliant. I'm gonna have to do some research there. I hate and ons. Especially through the firewall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dav25kel

Reaction score
I just finished up my installation of a 32” curved led combo off road light bar. I have to say I am happy with the outcome. As you can see it took some grill modifications but it fit in just as I wanted it too.
Looks awesome. Im thinking of doing the same. The chrome piece will pop out from left to right just by pulling on it? Also to the left and right of the light bar there looks to be extra space? Could you have not cut the black plastic as wide to prevent this? Thanks in advance.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That wireless receiver idea is brilliant. I'm gonna have to do some research there. I hate and ons. Especially through the firewall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Got mine all wired up couple days ago, have it so that if the truck isn't on or in ACC mode the light won't be on, this way if I forget to turn it off it won't kill the battery.

mike12193

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Im thinking of doing the same. The chrome piece will pop out from left to right just by pulling on it? Also to the left and right of the light bar there looks to be extra space? Could you have not cut the black plastic as wide to prevent this? Thanks in advance.

I can confirm that that piece just pulls out. I just did it on my truck.

Very slick install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syddog 2000

Reaction score
You are right there is some extra space on the sides I did leave the black grill mounting but after playing a bit with the chrome overlay I choose not to add small bits of it. I didn't think the extra space to the side was a problem. Just my opinion.

Carlmyman

Reaction score

As a JET fan a Happy Ending would be a Super Bowl. Guess it lost it's luster in New England!

Michael_D

Reaction score
Nice clean install. Think I might do the same.........

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just finished up my installation of a 32” curved led combo off road light bar. I have to say I am happy with the outcome. As you can see it took some grill modifications but it fit in just as I wanted it too.
@syddog 2000
I like the idea of the exposed light bar rather than hidden behind the grill.
Got any closeups of what you had to do to the grill? End of light bar shot?
What did you use for mounting hardware?

FarmerJohn

Reaction score
Nice write up! I was going to install my single row led light bar in the lower grill, between the sensors. My light bar is not curved, so it woul d not fit flush. I looked at the exact same area you installed yours, and that seems like a better fit. when I get around to it, I’ll take pics and post here as well. Thanks for posting pics of everything!

jcilissen

Reaction score
Hi Syddog

Thanks for this brilliant idea
I also installed a ledbar today on my Dodge RAM
It looks really awesome
I even managed to install a 37" ledbar of 180W and I find it fits even better than the 32"
the hole is now completely filled
hereby some pictures
I am really happy with the outcome
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_124802.jpg
    IMG_20210318_124802.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20210318_123628.jpg
    IMG_20210318_123628.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 203

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Syddog

Thanks for this brilliant idea
I also installed a ledbar today on my Dodge RAM
It looks really awesome
I even managed to install a 37" ledbar of 180W and I find it fits even better than the 32"
the hole is now completely filled
hereby some pictures
I am really happy with the outcome
Thanks
@jcilissen Nice install! Got a link to that bar?

Users who are viewing this thread