5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

led light bar.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I just finished up my installation of a 32” curved led combo off road light bar. I have to say I am happy with the outcome. As you can see it took some grill modifications but it fit in just as I wanted it too.

Attachments

• 86D84E9B-DF05-4C01-A2A4-EFF6E044AC3B.jpeg
    86D84E9B-DF05-4C01-A2A4-EFF6E044AC3B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2,287
  • 7E2D6B9C-6AC6-4C41-B84C-5575E1662188.jpeg
    7E2D6B9C-6AC6-4C41-B84C-5575E1662188.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,244
  • 34D845E2-50D1-4834-A03A-2880473FD5AD.jpeg
    34D845E2-50D1-4834-A03A-2880473FD5AD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,160

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Very cool... We now need to see some night shots of the setup.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I just finished up my installation of a 32” curved led combo off road light bar. I have to say I am happy with the outcome. As you can see it took some grill modifications but it fit in just as I wanted it too.

great mod!! (front license plate blows 3 goats though ) LOl - nfl is here(y)

19BlkRam

Reaction score
looks great can you share more details on how you mounted the bar?

I agree that license plate Blows LOL Fins Up!!!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Needs a bit more aiming cause thats not a very good pattern. My 10 inch rigid throws more light than that.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments , Love playing with these things. The installaion involved removing the bottom grill section. I plulled out on the chrome which popped right out from left to right . At that point I had access to the core which is black plastic I then used a An osscillating saw with a fine wood blade to cut the small attach points and removed the section. Of course I first measured to ensure that the light would fit Height, and depth. it is as close to a perfect fit as one could get.
Next the mounting was made to the hard plastic base on the active grill shutter system, no modifcation was made to that unit, that is why I choose the bottom section, I would have used the top to keep a horizontal line of LED light across the front but it would have interfered with the function of the shutters IMO. I mounted using #14x 1.25 self tappers seems to be very secure. after that I just ran the wires as needed and done. Total time was about two hours.
2019 Rebel The light spread is much better on the open road, I think my row of coco plums obscures the beam.
As the pictures show, the curve of the light bar is a perfect match to the curve of the grill an unexpected but very welcome plus.

Attachments

• IMG_4969.JPG
    IMG_4969.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 882
  • IMG_4968.JPG
    IMG_4968.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 858

RT70808

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments , Love playing with these things. The installaion involved removing the bottom grill section. I plulled out on the chrome which popped right out from left to right . At that point I had access to the core which is black plastic I then used a An osscillating saw with a fine wood blade to cut the small attach points and removed the section. Of course I first measured to ensure that the light would fit Height, and depth. it is as close to a perfect fit as one could get.
Next the mounting was made to the hard plastic base on the active grill shutter system, no modifcation was made to that unit, that is why I choose the bottom section, I would have used the top to keep a horizontal line of LED light across the front but it would have interfered with the function of the shutters IMO. I mounted using #14x 1.25 self tappers seems to be very secure. after that I just ran the wires as needed and done. Total time was about two hours.
2019 Rebel The light spread is much better on the open road, I think my row of coco plums obscures the beam.
As the pictures show, the curve of the light bar is a perfect match to the curve of the grill an unexpected but very welcome plus.
What about the light details? Make/Model/Price

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I purchased the unit through Amazon , A company called DSS Tuning, 150 watt combo 32" mini single row curved cree led light bar . $125.00 with prime shipping. Two day deliver was free.

RT70808

Reaction score
I purchased the unit through Amazon , A company called DSS Tuning, 150 watt combo 32" mini single row curved cree led light bar . $125.00 with prime shipping. Two day deliver was free.
I like the grill fit. Curious to see if I could wire it to the integrated bed light switch with the headlight and fog light dial.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Yes lights the plants nicely. Can't wait to see the pics from the open road where there are no extra lights. :)

ManUpOrShutUp

Reaction score
The light spread is much better on the open road, I think my row of coco plums obscures the beam.

It would be great if you could post some more night shots of the light bar's output. I have a Rough Country 30" curved that I was going to install, but it's a 30-degree spot pattern whereas I would prefer a flood/spot or driving/spot. I came across that DSS Tuning one w/ the combo beam on Amazon and was considering using that instead, but there are so many generic light bars out there that it's hard to know which ones are even remotely decent.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Awesome install, do you have the issues with like the safety systems? What about the switch setup? Got any pictures of that?

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I got a couple of pics before work this morning. These are the light bar only. I have it adjusted a bit on the low side because it was my intension to use them as a drivin light enhancement. It has worked out just as I expected. The broad bright beam extends approximatley 1000 feet. I had a double row 32 on my last truck and as expected it eas brighter although I would not say twice as bright. However I was stopped by the police at 4:30 am. he informed me that they were for off road use only?? I am curtious and shut them down for on coming traffic. To answer your switch question, I went through the rubber gromet above the steering gear, and simply mounted the suppied switch to the light switch cover on the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_4990.JPG
    IMG_4990.JPG
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_4994.JPG
    IMG_4994.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 892

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Awesome, yea I was curious to the switch solutions for this truck. If you get most of the bells and whistles, you lose all the switch spots as they are taken up already. I love the switches but then to add any that look OEM is impossible. Wish they had a few dummy swtiches for you to use. Even 1 would be nice.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Awesome, yea I was curious to the switch solutions for this truck. If you get most of the bells and whistles, you lose all the switch spots as they are taken up already. I love the switches but then to add any that look OEM is impossible. Wish they had a few dummy swtiches for you to use. Even 1 would be nice.
I agree, My ford F350 had a bank of upfitter switches in the lower center of the dash, this made adding options a snap.

RT70808

Reaction score
You could modify the trailer brake controller blank cover so that it could accommodate a couple more of the stock switches. Perhaps someone what has installed a trailer brake after the fact can donate their old blank cover for some R&D.

Users who are viewing this thread