5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Headlight Wiring Diagram?

Reaction score
After winning my lemon law case against Ram / Dodge they finally decided to fix the headlights had to replace both headlights with a $3000.00 warranty claim.
That was the first step! Now for the rest.

Kianusch

Reaction score
Update for anyone interested:

White/green : Hi Beams
White/blue : Low beams
White/Orange : White Halos

I just installed some Grill lights and wired them to the yellow stock side markers which are in the Headlight housing.

White/Brown : Side Markers

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just put a tap fuse from the headlight fuse and another to the "Acc".no splicing at all...

Attachments

• 103_1531.JPG
    103_1531.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 78

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
then i got carried away and had to install a "GangSwitch":LOL:

Attachments

• 20220425_193631a_InPixio.jpg
    20220425_193631a_InPixio.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 103_1614_In.jpg
    103_1614_In.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 65

mlathem1998

Reaction score
Yes, and sorry for missing your question.

The white LED DRL strips above and below the headlight beams.
Actually, those "halos" are just accent lights, not DRL's. I've been told this but also when in the truck settings you can run the DRL's or turn them off. Turning the DRL's off is the same as not having the headlights come on since they are the one in the same.

Side note, has anyone ever made a headlight assembly molex jumper pigtail? I an TRYING to wire in my running board lights and it seems the ONLY place I can find turn only power is from the headlight plug. I'd rather not tap my tiny wires and space is so limited as it is. So I hopefully will have some pigtail extensions pretty soon that I can tap into and not my factory wires.

Tommyboy59

Reaction score
I just installed some Grill lights and wired them to the yellow stock side markers which are in the Headlight housing.

White/Brown : Side Markers
Thank you, I also researched and white and orange was halo white and brown are side markers. Which one did you connect to, W/B or W/ Orange. Also what year is your Ram.

tdcolumbia

Reaction score
Installing a LED Light strip with turn signals on the front edge of my hood. Will hook main white LED mode to White/Blue or White/Orange. Question is what wires are for the turn-signals?

MerzkeM

Reaction score
I’m trying to tap the headlight for the DRL on the rough county lightbar. Which wire from the RC switch pigtail would I tap into the headlight?

Users who are viewing this thread