5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led headlight upgrades

Billy70

Reaction score
What trim level are these going into?
For my Lone Star, I used Lasfit and there were no anti flicker modules.

I used the following:

View attachment 81727 View attachment 81728 View attachment 81729
Its the Bighorn Sport crew cab. The reason I ask is because on Headlight Revolution, in their video he states no matter what manufacturer you use, put the anti flicker module in because the Rams do flicker without it. I jsut wasn't sure if I needed it for the high beam as well.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its the Bighorn Sport crew cab. The reason I ask is because on Headlight Revolution, in their video he states no matter what manufacturer you use, put the anti flicker module in because the Rams do flicker without it. I jsut wasn't sure if I needed it for the high beam as well.
The Lasfit I installed have no modules and they have been flawless from day one. No flickering, no issues. That is my low beam, high beam and fog lights with zero issues.

Billy70

Reaction score
The Lasfit I installed have no modules and they have been flawless from day one. No flickering, no issues. That is my low beam, high beam and fog lights with zero issues.
They actually responded and matches what you said....
Manny Feb 5, 05:35

New Body Ram does not require Anti flicker Module.

All plug and play.

Thank you.
Manny T.

2235 E. 4th St. Ste. F
Ontario, CA 91764
909-758-7111
WWW.LASFIT.COM
Check out our Facebook Instagram YouTube

eproulx38

Reaction score
One of my lasfit fog lights just died on me. It only lasted 6 months. I just reached out to lasfit for a warranty replacement. I might end up going the OEM LED fog light route. A lot of water and road grime get on the fog lights on these trucks since they aren't sealed in any way. Not sure if this contributed to the failure or not.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of my lasfit fog lights just died on me. It only lasted 6 months. I just reached out to lasfit for a warranty replacement. I might end up going the OEM LED fog light route. A lot of water and road grime get on the fog lights on these trucks since they aren't sealed in any way. Not sure if this contributed to the failure or not.
They’ll replace it. Zero problems with our Lasfit on the two formally Rams in almost a year.

eproulx38

Reaction score
They’ll replace it. Zero problems with our Lasfit on the two formally Rams in almost a year.
Good to hear. I don't even blame them... Ram just made it so the back side of the fogs are completely exposed with no covers. The fan area of the bulb and connector were both wet and covered in mud. Gotta love winter time in upstate NY!

Juanio

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. I have had a 2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star for a yr now and I wanted to upgrade my headlight bulbs to LEDs. I went to an electronic store some friends recommended and bought low, high, and fog lights. The brand is Daylead and paid a little under $100 for all 3 pairs. I started with the fog light since it was easiest and work great, and since it's the same bulb as the low beam I continued with that but the bulb would work. I got that bulb and connected to the fog light connector I had previously installed and it worked. Then I tried the high beam bulb and it wouldn't work on either side. So now I have a pair of H11s and 9005s that won't work on my truck but the H11s will work on the fog lights. What do you all think is going on?? Do I need something else to make them work? BTW I ended up leaving the halogen fog lights, maybe try to sell these bulbs if I can't find the way to use them since the store doesn't accept returns. TIA

RogerRamjet

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. I have had a 2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star for a yr now and I wanted to upgrade my headlight bulbs to LEDs. I went to an electronic store some friends recommended and bought low, high, and fog lights. The brand is Daylead and paid a little under $100 for all 3 pairs. I started with the fog light since it was easiest and work great, and since it's the same bulb as the low beam I continued with that but the bulb would work. I got that bulb and connected to the fog light connector I had previously installed and it worked. Then I tried the high beam bulb and it wouldn't work on either side. So now I have a pair of H11s and 9005s that won't work on my truck but the H11s will work on the fog lights. What do you all think is going on?? Do I need something else to make them work? BTW I ended up leaving the halogen fog lights, maybe try to sell these bulbs if I can't find the way to use them since the store doesn't accept returns. TIA
should have purchased from Amazon Prime - free returns

Last edited:

RogerRamjet

Reaction score
I just ordered the LEDs LASFIT from Amazon - free returns if I don't like them for my newly acquired 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn - will post pictures when I do the install.

shbates1969

Reaction score
What bulb size will replace the halogen capsule with the LED. I have a 2019 ram 1500 Big Horn. All halogen, I have replaced my headlights with lasfit headlight bulbs blinkers on the front which I thought was gonna be the hard part. But I cannot buy nothing that will fit for the brake lights. Could someone please guide me through this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What bulb size will replace the halogen capsule with the LED. I have a 2019 ram 1500 Big Horn. All halogen, I have replaced my headlights with lasfit headlight bulbs blinkers on the front which I thought was gonna be the hard part. But I cannot buy nothing that will fit for the brake lights. Could someone please guide me through this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted this in March in an earlier thread…these kind are so you can see the LEDs abs part numbers…just be sure to also check Amazon for best prices with shipping.

These are the bulbs I have in both my 2019 and 2020 Lone Star/Big Horns:

Low Beam and Fog Lights: https://www.lasfit.com/products/h11...g-light-la-series?_pos=1&_sid=f661d8ebe&_ss=r
High Beam: https://www.lasfit.com/products/900...gh-beam-la-series?_pos=1&_sid=a95eb27fb&_ss=r
For the turn signals I did not want the "Switchback" so I just got Amber ones. NOTE: For front make sure you get "CK SOCKET"
Front Turn Signals (Amber): https://www.lasfit.com/products/amb...b-anti-flickering?_pos=6&_sid=62e9a7b0c&_ss=r
Rear Turn Signals (Amber): https://www.lasfit.com/products/lasfit-7440-7441-w21w-led-turn-signal-lights-canbus-error-free
Rear Tail/Stop Light (Red): https://www.lasfit.com/products/7443-7444-canbus-error-free-led-turn-signal-light-bulb-brilliant-red
Reverse Light (White): https://www.lasfit.com/products/lasfit-7443-7440-white-led-bulb
Cargo Light (White): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...-mount-stop-dome-light-bulbs-6000k-pure-white
3RD Brake Light (Red): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081YHRNY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
I went with the Lasfit for high, low, fog and cargo.. They look and work great!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the LC plus series. It was a little cheaper than the LA ones. Is there much of a difference?

For me, it’s just a stop gap for 2-3 years until I decide to get Orem ones.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the LC plus series. It was a little cheaper than the LA ones. Is there much of a difference?

For me, it’s just a stop gap for 2-3 years until I decide to get Orem ones.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
LC Plus are 50W, 5000LM, 6000K whereas LA Plus are 60W, 6000LM, 6000K...you should be just fine and won't get flashed as much by oncoming traffic if you haven't re-aimed your headlights. The LA Plus usually require re-aiming the headlights down about ten rotations of the ratchet as they are just a little brighter so that oncoming traffic will usually flash you.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LC Plus are 50W, 5000LM, 6000K whereas LA Plus are 60W, 6000LM, 6000K...you should be just fine and won't get flashed as much by oncoming traffic if you haven't re-aimed your headlights. The LA Plus usually require re-aiming the headlights down about ten rotations of the ratchet as they are just a little brighter so that oncoming traffic will usually flash you.
Nice thing that I like about these is that you can rotate the bulbs themselves so there is a slight chance that you don't have to reaim, just rotate the bulb. Right where the orange rubber piece is, you can rotate the LED portion.

Once I get my 2022 ram, I'm going to aim the stock halogen to a wall, replace it with the led ones, then rotate to match.
2ddb715a838e570d31f990c45dcba338.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice thing that I like about these is that you can rotate the bulbs themselves so there is a slight chance that you don't have to reaim, just rotate the bulb. Right where the orange rubber piece is, you can rotate the LED portion.

Once I get my 2022 ram, I'm going to aim the stock halogen to a wall, replace it with the led ones, then rotate to match.
2ddb715a838e570d31f990c45dcba338.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I hope it works for you as my previous truck (2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star) had the LA Plus with the same ability to rotate them however they are supposed to be at 12/6 position when installed. Unfortunately, they were still too high and had to be re-aimed - even the oncoming 18 wheelers on the interstate were flashing me. It's easy to do if you need to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread