5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED bed lights keep turning off

Bluemountain

Reaction score
I installed two LED strips under the rails of my bed and wired them to the wire feeding power to the cargo light (white wire with brown trace). When I turn on the cargo light, the LEDs and cargo light flash, then go out.
I suspect I’m overloading a circuit and the cars computer is shutting it down.
Does anyone have advice on how to resolve this?

midntrdr

Reaction score
Did you change out your cargo lights for LED’s? Many have had issues with the stock halogen cargo lights plus a led strip overloading the circuit.

Bluemountain

Reaction score
I have not tried that but I’m open to it. Anything that will work. I suppose replacing the bulb just reduces the power being drawn to below some threshold?

And thanks for your reply. I’m new to this and it’s encouraging to find some help.

TheMopars

Reaction score
Did you change out your cargo lights for LED’s? Many have had issues with the stock halogen cargo lights plus a led strip overloading the circuit.

Mine did the same until I replaced the cargo lights with LED's.

Bluemountain

Reaction score
Thats great news, I will pick up some LEDs today.
I hope that works and I dont end up having to install a resistor, which appears to be another work around but one that makes me a little nervous.
Thanks for the confirmation the LEDs worked for you.

Users who are viewing this thread