5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving Ram for now

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One last update, it took a couple tries but my local dealer got the alignment and steering wheel all straightened for me. They didn’t mention anything about the tires so that was nice. Here is a picture of the truck with K02’s, looks pretty slick. I also attached a picture of the towing sticker that GM puts in theif trucks. Ram should do that too, although maybe they do in the HD tucks, I wouldn’t know. One thing is for sure, as long as I have this truck I’ll never have to worry about payload. Lol CFF528A8-7CF5-4CCF-AA11-68103EC44228.jpeg D5D3C2EB-503C-496E-9E2F-309DA8A3816F.jpeg

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I honestly thought they were hideous when they first came out but they grew on me

I don't mind the heavy dutys as much as the 1500s, those look so hideous to me. I think yours looks much better with the all terrains though and I really like that color!

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's the 6.6 gasser correct? I'd love a towing report here if/when you have one!

Probably the best gm forum is "gm-trucks.com", I'm on there (different name) frequently, they have an HD section there.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the 6.6 gasser correct? I'd love a towing report here if/when you have one!

Probably the best gm forum is "gm-trucks.com", I'm on there (different name) frequently, they have an HD section there.
Yes it is the 6.6 gas. I’m at almost 1k miles now and getting 16mpg on my work commute which I am thoroughly impressed with. My boss has a 2018 F350 with the powerstroke and he said thats the same mpg he gets with his diesel. I’ll be pulling our current trailer on a trip fairly soon and report back. This truck is way more than I need but that was the idea.

I am on that gm-truck forum but it’s nothing like this place. You can post on there and either get no response or it could take a week for somebody to respond.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I came across this and realized I never came back with a towing report. It honestly is great to tow with. My biggest complaint about towing with my 2019 Hemi was how high it revved and just screamed while towing. my ecodiesel was so nice in that department I was a little concerned about going back to the gas.

got the new rig about two months ago and have towed it about 1,200 miles so far and it’s great. The truck doesn’t rev high at all. Actually stays just over 2k rpm wile going 70 on the highway. Being only a 6 speed transmission it doesn’t shift very often. I‘ve driven a lot of 6.0 trucks for work in the past and this 6.6 is a big improvement. Now I will say my camper is not that heavy. took it to a cat scale when we were loaded up on our first trip and it was 7,150lbs with a 1,150lb hitch weight. That hitch weight was my concern and the reason I wanted to upgrade. I can’t use a weight distribution hitch on this trailer.

So far the truck has been exactly what we’d hoped it would be. My wife commented how her armpits aren’t drenched with sweat anymore during trips because of how solid the truck feels. You can see in the picture how much the trailer squats the back of the truck even on the HD chassis.
A24934EA-B756-456E-A61B-FF9EA1D641B7.jpeg

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Interesting, my truck will tow my trailer in 6th at 2300 RPMs all day long, but that's at about 63 to 65 mph as well which is where I prefer to sit. I certainly don't feel it's revving out but I might be lighter than you too. Getting up to speed in a hurry on a short on ramp, yep it will wind up past 4500 RPMs but it doesn't sit there for long. No doubt your truck does a much better job though; bigger, heavier, stronger motor etc. I'm sure it's very nice to tow with :)

Users who are viewing this thread