5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather coming off.

garylong

Reaction score
I just bought my 3rd Ram,2019 Laramie Longhorn. Week after I brought it home the leather is coming off the dash .
I really like the truck but this sucks. My two previous trucks had leather dashes and never had a problem.
What has to be done to fix this ?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the other 2.1 million 1500s sold since 2019 are fine while the couple thousand that had an issue were covered under warranty while the trucks were newer.

Looks like 3 choices:

1. Custom auto interior shop covers your dash with some bad *** patterned leather.

2. Order a new dash from Ram, wait..... wait...... wait....... recieve it. Return it because the dolt behind the counter ordered a classic dash, not a 5th Gen dash. Repeat above process. Get the new dash and install it yourself or have a shop do it.

3. And my favorite, buy a carpet dash cover on Amazon and slap that bad boy on there!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just bought my 3rd Ram,2019 Laramie Longhorn. Week after I brought it home the leather is coming off the dash .
I really like the truck but this sucks. My two previous trucks had leather dashes and never had a problem.
What has to be done to fix this ?
How did you not notice the dash was bubbling? I've missed some minor things when buying a used vehicle because of those damned new car goggles, but I'd think that one would have been quite obvious. Some people have had luck working with dealerships they have a good relationship with after their warranties expired, but lots of people have had to deal with fixing this out of pocket. @RamCares was tracking this issue as well. Who knows, maybe they'll eventually extend the warranty on the dash like they did with the rear window and CHMSL.

Users who are viewing this thread