5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather comes loose in the front seats

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I fought this problem with my last 2 trucks and it's happened again with this one. The seat cover clip in the front unhooks. Both seat covers have come loose on mine. It's a bugger to get it clipped/attached again. Bad design, I think. If they keep popping loose I think I'll take it over to the interior place that did my Camaro interior and trunk. Maybe they can be hog ringed in place.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Mine has done it from day 1. It will pop loose if you put allot of pressure in the front of seat. At first it was a pain but I can just clip it back in while driving down the road now. Bad design for sure!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has done it from day 1. It will pop loose if you put allot of pressure in the front of seat. At first it was a pain but I can just clip it back in while driving down the road now. Bad design for sure!
Yes, unfortunately it's much easier to clip now. Anytime I happen to check now it's flopping around. Just reattached it yesterday.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Isn't this something you can take to dealer and fix?

jkratze1

Reaction score
Mine has been loose since I brought it home on the passenger front seat. It is so hard to attach and comes loose again so I just leave it loose. It does not cause any problems with it hanging loose and nobody notices since no one is looking down there.

Deante3

Reaction score
Isn't this something you can take to dealer and fix?
Took mine to the dealership for the same issue. They kept it for a week to get in the new seat. Barely got it home and the seat cover popped again. Horrible design for sure.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the lose clip they could post? I haven't noticed anything on my seats, but I also don't know what to look for.

Trebel

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the lose clip they could post? I haven't noticed anything on my seats, but I also don't know what to look for.
There is now a bulletin for this . I had mine fixed and guess what .... they fix it per the bulletin with zip ties !!!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No picture but you can easily determine if it's loose. It's the perforated section in the front. While sitting, reach under the front of the seat between your legs. It'll be unattached and you'll feel the plastic clip that's about a foot long that's on the edge of the leather.

My last 4 trucks have had the same attachment problem. Both Ram and Ford.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
No picture but you can easily determine if it's loose. It's the perforated section in the front. While sitting, reach under the front of the seat between your legs. It'll be unattached and you'll feel the plastic clip that's about a foot long that's on the edge of the leather.

My last 4 trucks have had the same attachment problem. Both Ram and Ford.
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look today.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Mine is the clip on the right side of the driver's seat that always comes loose.

reb0957

Reaction score
The interior of both the drivers seat and passenger seat on mine would unclip. I understand my 265lb fat *** would do it but not my 115lb wife. The dealer gave me 2 options: 1: order new seat covers 2: he could screw the clip to the frame.
I chose option 2 because I didn't want them scratching the interior of a brand new truck removing the seats. Works great, 5 minute fix!

Amazing93

Reaction score
My truck keeps doing this too. The drivers front is warped enough it won't even clip anymore. The side of the seat near the center console comes unclipped too. Any pics of the zip tie fix? I'm sure I can do it myself without the dealer screwing up my truck interior anymore than they already have.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed this happening but I'll be checking it when I get home tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online