5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lease Negotiated Selling Price

Benelli

Reaction score
I purchased my last 7-8 vehicles (yes, I trade out a lot). On my previous charger, I decided to lease it. Ya, I was upside down some due to me purchasing and trading out so frequently. But, I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the negative equity I had to get me right side up and into a lease. I now lease my '19 big horn. I traded in my charger lease early, so that had some play in my final outcome but I'm at $500 a month, 3 year, 10k miles/year. I put $1,000 down which like others have said, the less down the better. I feel like I did well considering my personal circumstances. Definitely had I been at the end of my current lease, I would of gotten a better deal I'm sure. But, I'm happy and love the truck. I'll only lease from here out until maybe I'm ready to retire and actually just keep a vehicle. But for now, I enjoy trading out every year or two.
I just leased my 1st vehicle as well. Like you, I like to trade every couple years so have accepted the fact that I will probably always have a payment. I feel like I did pretty well. Had a 2010 ram bighorn that I owed 11k on still. Went to look into getting a 2020. They gave me 14,500 on a truck that had 12k trade value. Got a 2020 Laramie Sport with sticker price of over 57k. All said and done, walked out of there leasing it at 46900 after rebates. Turned my 300 payment on the 2010 for a 499.00 lease on a well equipped 2020. Term is 42 months and 33k buyout option after lease is up. Think I did okay?? Question is, if I get bored with it and want to upgrade in 2 years, is that going to cost me an arm and leg to bail early? Another question. I want to taint windows, rhino line the bed, and buy some more aggressive tires for winters in SD. what does that do to the lease?

Benelli

Reaction score
i would NEVER EVER put any money down on a lease just to lower the payment.....**UNLESS** you plan on buying that vehicle at lease end. otherwise a downpayment on a lease is just money thrown away. Just my way of thinking.

Every so often, RAM/FCA will offer a specific trim level on a lease that is a pretty good deal with NO MONEY DOWN (except first month payment). those are the times you need to snag a deal on a lease... Might not be the trim level you want though.
Agreed! I got a 2020 laramie sport because of year end lease deal. Wanted rebel or power wagon, but they didn't have the good lease deal on that so I had to give up the 3.92 gears and off road tires, which I will probably buy anyway to put on it for SD winters, but payment on lease is about 200 per month less. Had to give up the extra towing weight because they didn't have a Laramie with the 3.92. Think it is 3.21 or something like that so towing went from like 11k to 8k

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just leased my 1st vehicle as well. Like you, I like to trade every couple years so have accepted the fact that I will probably always have a payment. I feel like I did pretty well. Had a 2010 ram bighorn that I owed 11k on still. Went to look into getting a 2020. They gave me 14,500 on a truck that had 12k trade value. Got a 2020 Laramie Sport with sticker price of over 57k. All said and done, walked out of there leasing it at 46900 after rebates. Turned my 300 payment on the 2010 for a 499.00 lease on a well equipped 2020. Term is 42 months and 33k buyout option after lease is up. Think I did okay?? Question is, if I get bored with it and want to upgrade in 2 years, is that going to cost me an arm and leg to bail early? Another question. I want to taint windows, rhino line the bed, and buy some more aggressive tires for winters in SD. what does that do to the lease?
As far as turning in your lease early - you can return to the dealership you leased from and they will work with you to get you out of your current lease and into a new one. They may roll a little of the negative equity into the new lease, but if the deal makes you happy and them, then that's all that matters. My dealer tells me the 2 year mark (on a 3 year lease) is the sweet spot that you can trade out with little to no penalty.

As for the mods - my dealer says any mods that I do are fine, the truck just must be turned in with the mods. So I put a leveling kit, new wheels and tires on this truck. I just have to turn that stuff in when i trade out. Which, looking back - I won't do that again as far as modding a "borrowed" truck. I'll always tint the windows but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online