5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning to be patient!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all, I apologize, I have been on the forum for a few days but never introduced myself. My name is Chad from North Central Indiana. I am patiently waiting on a 19 Longhorn ordered 4/23. This will be only my second ever ‘new’ truck and my first ever ordered. I was tourn between a 2018 F-150 and the 19 Ram. I obviously went with Ram! My current truck is the other that I had bought new; a 2010 Ram 3500 Laramie diesel crew cab, full delete, all the usual performance and add on bells and whistles with 58,000 miles. I also currently own a 2017 Ford Expedition EL Platinum. I will be trading my current 2010 diesel and an older car I drive daily in on this new Ram. It will then be my daily driver. Previous trucks I have owned, bought them all used when they were between 2-3 years old: 2001 Ram 2500 Long bed quad cab with 360 v-8,; (2) 2004 Ford F-350 Lariat’s, crew cab long beds, diesel; 2006 Ford F-150 xlt crew cab 5.4 v-8; Have also owned a 1986 Chevy Scottsdale, 1986 Ford F-150, and a 1994 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed with dually conversion and a gas guzzling 460 back in the day. I guess you could say I have had a taste of all flavors! Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Chad! Sounds like you've definitely had your share of different trucks, hope you don't have to wait too long for your new one to show up. (y)

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a Longhorn on 4/24 - it will be interesting to see if ours get built in the same time frame. I just signed up for JeepGarage's updates, and will try to remember to shoot you a message when it hits the assembly line so you can check on yours.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome from central Indiana! I ordered my Laramie on 4/21 and it was built a few days ago...awaiting shipping right now. I've had some F150s and Rams in my stable before....but really looking forward to this 2019 Ram!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a Longhorn on 4/24 - it will be interesting to see if ours get built in the same time frame. I just signed up for JeepGarage's updates, and will try to remember to shoot you a message when it hits the assembly line so you can check on yours.
Sounds great! Thank you.

D

Deleted member103

I am really patient....not ordering my Rebel til August.:D

Guess that means I'm MORE patient than you . . . Hah . . . My Off Road Big Horn gonna "compete" with your Rebel AND coast $4500+ LESS . . . top That ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Kidding of course . . . "stay thirsty . . . I mean patient, my friend" :D ;)

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds great! Thank you.

Got my first update from JeepGarage this afternoon, shows KZ status with a build date of 5/30/18. Might be worth checking with RamCares to see if yours got built too!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my first update from JeepGarage this afternoon, shows KZ status with a build date of 5/30/18. Might be worth checking with RamCares to see if yours got built too!
Thanks for the update. Just checked with Ram live chat, still showing D1. Hope you get yours soon! My Longhorn specs are: crew cab 6’4” box, package 25k, non e-torque hemi, 8spd tranny, patriot blue with rv match maple brown lower two tone, black/new saddle interior, 33 gal fuel, Longhorn level 1 equipment group, off road group, bed utility group, advanced safety group, trailer tow group. Did NOT get the panoramic sun roof or air suspension. Just personal preference. Wasn’t sure how close our truck builds were to justify the build status difference or hopefully my build status info is wrong and my truck is as far along as yours! Thanks

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Just checked with Ram live chat, still showing D1. Hope you get yours soon! My Longhorn specs are: crew cab 6’4” box, package 25k, non e-torque hemi, 8spd tranny, patriot blue with rv match maple brown lower two tone, black/new saddle interior, 33 gal fuel, Longhorn level 1 equipment group, off road group, bed utility group, advanced safety group, trailer tow group. Did NOT get the panoramic sun roof or air suspension. Just personal preference. Wasn’t sure how close our truck builds were to justify the build status difference or hopefully my build status info is wrong and my truck is as far along as yours! Thanks

They are pretty different builds. Here's the info on mine:

pasted-from-clipboard-png.664

Maybe the difference is due to our options chosen, or maybe its with dealer allocation.

ryelinek

Reaction score
They are pretty different builds. Here's the info on mine:

Maybe the difference is due to our options chosen, or maybe its with dealer allocation.

How much does dealer allocation have to do with it and is there really any way to see if that’s the hold up.

I’ve been in D1 for I think 27 days as of today and the dealer in MD that I placed my order through has like 44 different 2019’s either on their lot or in transit. They are a pretty high volume place and don’t have the most I’d say in this area but are for certain near the top.

I hope I’m just not waiting extra long because these guys already have a ton of trucks they may not be selling through currently.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much does dealer allocation have to do with it and is there really any way to see if that’s the hold up.

I’ve been in D1 for I think 27 days as of today and the dealer in MD that I placed my order through has like 44 different 2019’s either on their lot or in transit. They are a pretty high volume place and don’t have the most I’d say in this area but are for certain near the top.

I hope I’m just not waiting extra long because these guys already have a ton of trucks they may not be selling through currently.
Great question, not sure what the ‘method to the madness’ so to speak is on build priority. I’m sure there are many factors obviously to this calculation. Any info is appreciated!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure on RAM, but with Ford if the dealer doesn't have allocation the order won't get pulled and no VIN assigned. Most of us have received a VIN within days of ordering so it may work differently. Or they are just trying to get through a backlog of orders.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried to escalate today myself since I'm still in D after 31 days...9nline chat said he couldn't do anything since its still on schedule. I requested a call from the supervisor which is supposed to be within 24 hoirs...wish me luck, I'll probably be in jail tomorrow

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's hoping they get your truck built soon. It sucks watching all these members waiting so long to receive their trucks.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried to escalate today myself since I'm still in D after 31 days...9nline chat said he couldn't do anything since its still on schedule. I requested a call from the supervisor which is supposed to be within 24 hoirs...wish me luck, I'll probably be in jail tomorrow

This should be interesting. If the supervisor is even remotely competent, he should have to come clean on the Rambox issue. Buttttt im sure he's not allowed to be transparent about that so yeah....you're going to jail :p

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure on RAM, but with Ford if the dealer doesn't have allocation the order won't get pulled and no VIN assigned. Most of us have received a VIN within days of ordering so it may work differently. Or they are just trying to get through a backlog of orders.

Reading around, I think you're right - you won't get a VIN if the dealer has no allocation. At least that was the case when guys were waiting on Hellcats. Given that we're all getting them within a few days, I'd guess that allocation isn't the issue.

D

Deleted member103

AH, YES . . . "LEARNING TO BE PATIENT" -- Great title . . . "Patients" is a virtue that takes Years & Years of Practice -- heck I'v been "practicing" for over 50 years and more-often-than-not, I "blow off steam" when I shouldn't ! But I try, lord knows I try ! ;) :)

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Any luck with FCA calling you??

Users who are viewing this thread