5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking window that ruined my headliner and max care won’t cover??

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I remember a while back people could get ahold of a representative here every now and then. My problem is my 2019 ram 1500 limited is leaking from the back window housing and has ruined my headliner according to my local dealer. They say it’s not the 3rd break light 🤔. Anyway my maxcare warranty was denied. I called and they said there’s nothing they can do. How on earth can they not stand behind an obviously faulty part? Should I get a lawyer? I’m so frustrated can someone reach out that can help?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I remember a while back people could get ahold of a representative here every now and then. My problem is my 2019 ram 1500 limited is leaking from the back window housing and has ruined my headliner according to my local dealer. They say it’s not the 3rd break light 🤔. Anyway my maxcare warranty was denied. I called and they said there’s nothing they can do. How on earth can they not stand behind an obviously faulty part? Should I get a lawyer? I’m so frustrated can someone reach out that can help?
you will spend more money getting a lawyer then you would just paying for a new rear window. Nothing a lawyer is gonna do for you anyway. You can ask @RamCares for help but there is no guarantee they will help you.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

what year and how many miles on your truck?

wsutard1

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere on here where the maxcare specifically states no rear window coverage.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Glass (including sunroof), plastic lenses, and light bulbs are not covered. Is your truck out of the 3/36K factory warranty and never had this issue addressed before?

D3155B4C-0F28-4D8F-B87E-0E0D12F87D5F.png

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what year and how many miles on your truck?
This is it, the dealer can "goodwill" the back glass repair depending on miles with no authorization from Ram. Is the headliner stained or falling apart?

Reaction score
I have 79k miles on it but like I said have the extended warranty that was supposed to cover everything I was told :(. I’m feeling a little mislead.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 79k miles on it but like I said have the extended warranty that was supposed to cover everything I was told :(. I’m feeling a little mislead.
That is exactly how the finance departments Sell the extended warranty, by telling the customer that everything is covered when in reality not everything is covered

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And this is why I never purchase extended warranties....MAXcare isn't so MAX. good luck, hopefully @RamCares can help you out since a leaking window frame is a well known issue.

EDIT:. The MAXcare fine print specifically states "glass" isn't covered. If you can prove the frame is cracked maybe it will be covered. Just a thought.

Last edited:

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And this is why I never purchase extended warranties....MAXcare isn't so MAX. good luck, hopefully @RamCares can help you out since a leaking window frame is a well known issue.

EDIT:. The MAXcare fine print specifically states "glass" isn't covered. If you can prove the frame cracked maybe it will be covered. Just a thought.
This might work...it would be a tough one but you might be able to get them on the technicality since it only says glass, not frame or glass trim, or something like that. Worth a shot.

Reaction score
i messaged the ram cares person but I haven’t heard back. I just can’t believe they won’t cover something like this but they will cover everything else.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Most warranties/insurance only cover specific parts or issues. There's a good chance that even if they fixed the part, they wouldn't fix the secondary damage.

Long Term damage is also difficult to get covered. My home owner's insurance has similar clauses. I had an Air conditioner leak condensate into my attic over the course of months. It resulted in a lot of rot and mold growth. Not a dime was covered by insurance. Had my whole damn air conditioner and condensate pan fallen clear through the ceiling in a single, cataclysmic event, it would have been covered.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i messaged the ram cares person but I haven’t heard back. I just can’t believe they won’t cover something like this but they will cover everything else.
Ram Cares might not be able to do much as the extended warranty is through a different company

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would expect that glass itself would not be covered. People would try to claim cracks, chips, scratches etc that have nothing to do with something "failing." In this case however it's the seals or a body issue that is allowing water in and I would expect that to be covered by the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread