5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LDC2335's Audio Build (CDT, Infinity, Sundown, Sound Deadening, PAC)

davidn0021

Reaction score
My cdt’s should be here Friday 😁 they had/have a sale right now that i couldn't pass up. Even the wife agreed.

I’m torn on which ones I wanna get.. did you just order 2 sets (front and rear doors)? Also, do you have upgraded dash speakers as well or did you leave those stock? I have the HK system so not sure if these will help add back some bass since I disconnected my factory sub.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I’m torn on which ones I wanna get.. did you just order 2 sets (front and rear doors)? Also, do you have upgraded dash speakers as well or did you leave those stock? I have the HK system so not sure if these will help add back some bass since I disconnected my factory sub.
I ordered two pairs for the front and rear doors. I also have the HK system and am trying to change as little as possible. I just want the system to sound richer. I think the smaller speakers above the belt line will handle the higher frequencies just fine and that’s why I thought these should be a safe bet. I’ll post a review as soon as I can.
My wife used to design sound systems for theaters and auditoriums and she said anything would be better than what I have now. 😂

davidn0021

Reaction score
I ordered two pairs for the front and rear doors. I also have the HK system and am trying to change as little as possible. I just want the system to sound richer. I think the smaller speakers above the belt line will handle the higher frequencies just fine and that’s why I thought these should be a safe bet. I’ll post a review as soon as I can.
My wife used to design sound systems for theaters and auditoriums and she said anything would be better than what I have now. 😂
Damnit, I just ordered a set too. Lol! Do we need a harness? I saw in some other thread a harness can be used to connect to factory wires/connection.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Well. If your sub is disconnected, you won’t miss it much. These speakers really sound great but wait till you get all 4 installed before you try it out. I didn’t have time to finish the install but the doors are loaded with new speakers and I tested out a few songs while parked in the driveway with the panels removed.

I’m going to add some sound deadening to the backside of the door skin and also some high density foam on the back of the door panels. AC854AE8-E5D8-46B0-A617-C160BB1502B2.jpeg E9AE0916-7DC7-4D4A-8E3F-8BF8785219D5.jpeg 410A51A0-5043-41E9-8CE8-EF34713C7C01.jpeg

davidn0021

Reaction score
Nice! Mine arrived today too. Gonna have to carve out a weekend to work on it in the next couple of weeks. But first, some light projects and a new Borla exhaust!

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Nice! Mine arrived today too. Gonna have to carve out a weekend to work on it in the next couple of weeks. But first, some light projects and a new Borla exhaust!
After I installed the Borla Touring system on my truck it really let the Hemi sing. Summer days with the windows down are a hoot and you too may start grunting like Tim The Tool Man Taylor 😂when you press the loud pedal. Sound deadening the back of the cab helped to tune the resonance and volume just right.

davidn0021

Reaction score
After I installed the Borla Touring system on my truck it really let the Hemi sing. Summer days with the windows down are a hoot and you too may start grunting like Tim The Tool Man Taylor 😂when you press the loud pedal. Sound deadening the back of the cab helped to tune the resonance and volume just right.
Oh that's funny, I just ordered the Touring as well!

Jopipe17

Reaction score
Sound deadening :

d868dd6afc7c2e7e7949148c7d766ed4.jpg
6016217f66dfd8deb37bc06b85c31642.jpg
dc502484e2b0b5ca61a3b27754ca35a5.jpg
d804907efca7e3d2b852bbcb3d0bd90e.jpg
c337517dca5f8d631367f046339696ac.jpg
8023d3978c201e1fc6d2f7a0406ac983.jpg
29e9916db665c53b0ca94a8d29664951.jpg

f0c02c986c50680dd95587d0064f781f.jpg
Nice job, did the sound deading help out alot and make your music and bass sound alot better? Thinking about deading my 20 ram maybe the back doors back cab and headliner.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Sorry I missed your posts, I didn't get any notifications for new posts. How did you end up liking the CDT?
I love ‘em. I still have the sub disconnected and that’s just fine for 90% of the time. These speakers blow away the OEM speakers. I wish CTD would make a woofer to swap out the sub in these trucks.

I may swap out the speakers in my wife’s Grand Cherokee with CTDs as a birthday present.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I love ‘em. I still have the sub disconnected and that’s just fine for 90% of the time. These speakers blow away the OEM speakers. I wish CTD would make a woofer to swap out the sub in these trucks.

I may swap out the speakers in my wife’s Grand Cherokee with CTDs as a birthday present.
I've been considering the same in my wife's durango r/t. 🤘

Svt40

Reaction score
Just ordered some speakers. Damn you OP!!

Infinity reference 3032CF 3.5 2ohm for the dash
CDT Audio ES690ESProA 6x9 for the front and rear doors.

I have the Alpine system and I think it sounds good. The highs are very weak but fairly well balanced overall. Even at 55+ years old I do miss the "boom" all of my cars always had. so hopefully these speakers with help some with that. Along with adding the missing highs.

My1stHemi

Reaction score

I have the Alpine system and I think it sounds good. The highs are very weak but fairly well balanced overall. Even at 55+ years old I do miss the "boom" all of my cars always had. so hopefully these speakers with help some with that. Along with adding the missing highs.
I put those in my dash a month ago. The infinity’s sound great. Magnet is huge compared to oem. IMG_9398.jpeg IMG_9399.jpeg

Last edited:

Ldc2335

Reaction score

What can I say, I'm an instigator 😂.

I think you're going to want a 2-way/tweeter in the rear doors. Unlike the front doors, the rears put out a full range signal. The rear ceiling is tweeter frequency only.

It might be fine, since the oem don't have a tweeter either, but just my two cents. Did you get the 2ohm version?

Cesar592

Reaction score
question when installing an aftermarket amplifier will the ceiling speakers stop working using amp pro

Ldc2335

Reaction score
question when installing an aftermarket amplifier will the ceiling speakers stop working using amp pro
Sub only, no.

Doors etc, yes.

They have their own channel on the factory amp. You could add in a crossover and splice them in with the rear doors, just have to calculate your Ohms.

Or better option would be to buy a component set and mount the tweeter in the ceiling.

Factory are pretty quiet though. You may not miss them if you put 2 or 3 ways in the rear doors.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Svt40

Reaction score
Just installed the last two speakers in the rear door. Now I have a constant 60hz hum. If I roll a window down it goes away. If I shut the stereo completely off it remains. Guessing something to with the ANC but not sure why it started with the rear speakers. Fronts have been in for 2 weeks with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread