5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LCA skid plate

Reaction score
After my last trip out been thinking about building some skid plates for the frame side LCA skids would any one else be interested in a set if I were to start making them.

Pardon the rust on the frame road slat sucks. The white outline is the rough idea for the location of the plate with the way the factory mount is stamped.

Skid plate idea.jpg

quick 3d model still need to do some refinement to it.

LCA skid v2 v1.jpg

Attachments

• Skid plate idea.jpg
    Skid plate idea.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 10

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
why is there a need for that?
did you bend something while wheeling? that part is not supposed to bend/ get damaged

Reaction score
why is there a need for that?
did you bend something while wheeling? that part is not supposed to bend/ get damaged

Took a bad line and just about landed on it. Its the same thickness and the JT and Wrangler LCA mount and those get bent quite easily. The skid is to help reinforce the mount and fill in the open area under the bolt preventing a rock from getting between the mount and the end of the control arm. I'm also on the east coast and our trails are not exactly long wheel base friendly.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took a bad line and just about landed on it. Its the same thickness and the JT and Wrangler LCA mount and those get bent quite easily. The skid is to help reinforce the mount and fill in the open area under the bolt preventing a rock from getting between the mount and the end of the control arm. I'm also on the east coast and our trails are not exactly long wheel base friendly.
ah i see.
thought it was for those toyota/ lexus guys who do things for the 'gram lol

Reaction score
ah i see.
thought it was for those toyota/ lexus guys who do things for the 'gram lol
Nope I actually use my rigs. I'm also slowly working on a full belly pan and actual sliders to replace the step bars as it's only a matter of time before I stuff one of those into the rocker

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope I actually use my rigs. I'm also slowly working on a full belly pan and actual sliders to replace the step bars as it's only a matter of time before I stuff one of those into the rocker
oh yeah i feel ya.
i use my rigs on the trails too but those toyota guys putting lca skid is just hilarious lol

Users who are viewing this thread