5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lateral calibration of directional headlights

Fuzzynuts54

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 2500 limited. The left headlight has drifted right, way right. 2 trips to one dealership and 1 more to a different one and neither know how to reset its position.

They both retain the correct range of motion, I've also verified with OBDlink each has 5* inward and 15* outward.
While driving straight the steering wheel is dead straight, but the data says its 5* right.

Yesterday I installed the gateway bypass and tried unsuccessfully to find a relearn or setpoint for the light or the sterring angle With alfaobd. No luck. There is a tab for adaptive headlight testing but the actual function is unavailable.

Previously I had a snap-on Triton d10 and the autoauth gateway unlock software, it had a tab for headlight calibration but the actual function was unavailable. Iirc was able to set steering angle offset but it had no impact on the headlight pointing googley.

The light assembly itself is secure. 25 years as a tech and I'm refusing to throw parts at it but I'm lost and need help..

Thanks in advance.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've got a 2019 2500 limited. The left headlight has drifted right, way right. 2 trips to one dealership and 1 more to a different one and neither know how to reset its position.

They both retain the correct range of motion, I've also verified with OBDlink each has 5* inward and 15* outward.
While driving straight the steering wheel is dead straight, but the data says its 5* right.

Yesterday I installed the gateway bypass and tried unsuccessfully to find a relearn or setpoint for the light or the sterring angle With alfaobd. No luck. There is a tab for adaptive headlight testing but the actual function is unavailable.

Previously I had a snap-on Triton d10 and the autoauth gateway unlock software, it had a tab for headlight calibration but the actual function was unavailable. Iirc was able to set steering angle offset but it had no impact on the headlight pointing googley.

The light assembly itself is secure. 25 years as a tech and I'm refusing to throw parts at it but I'm lost and need help..

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Our team would like to learn more information and look into this further. If you get the chance, please send us a private message so we can see where we can best assist you.

Dakota
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread