5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest (tallest) tire on 2020 limited 22" rims (with air suspension)

PennSt8

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to replace my OME tires ( 285-45-22) on my 2021 RAM Limited with the 285-55-22 Nitto Recon Grapplers. or the AT3's. Will discount tire or other shops give me any trouble due to the fact that the web sites say they will not fit my truck? Thanks

Jeremy47

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to replace my OME tires ( 285-45-22) on my 2021 RAM Limited with the 285-55-22 Nitto Recon Grapplers. or the AT3's. Will discount tire or other shops give me any trouble due to the fact that the web sites say they will not fit my truck? Thanks
Discount tire won’t allow to order online if it doesn’t match your OEM size. I just tried buying 35 x 12.50 x 22 Nitto Ridge Grappler’s for my 20 Limited. Said I had to come in first and couldn’t order online. Costco will allow me online to buy BFG ALL TERRAIN TA KO2 35X12.5R22 tires.

1923bob

Reaction score
I went with 33 X 12.5 X R22 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss I don't think the web cite would work but I went in and ordered no problem Discount Tire.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Aero Mode and Entry and Exit does slightly Rub on reverse Full Lock both ways on inner plástic wells slightly. Installing Bora Spacers and Links to help alleviate on those 2 modes. Not to worried about Entry and Exit tho hardly use that

Hey Eaglevc22, curious if you ever got around to installing the spacers and links. Would also appreciate any updates on your experience with these tires, assuming you have some miles on them by now. Especially on highway noise levels and any mods you had to make for the slight rubbing you mentioned.

Do you think that rubbing can be completely alleviated in normal ride height without the spacers and links, by maybe ty-wrapping or trimming the wheel liners?

Thanks!!

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Just had these Recon Grapplers installed 305/55/R22 With stock air suspension and hardly get any rubbing on Normal Height, pretty impressed on how quiet they are compared to original.
View attachment 171560 View attachment 171561 View attachment 171562

View attachment 171564

Also curious if you experienced any issues with Park-Sense or any other faults with these tires? Also, were you able to get the computer and speedo calibrated so that transmission shifts were in proper timing?

1923bob

Reaction score
Also curious if you experienced any issues with Park-Sense or any other faults with these tires? Also, were you able to get the computer and speedo calibrated so that transmission shifts were in proper timing?
No issues or faults speedo not off that much I can always change it with the Tazer.

river rat

Reaction score
Just had Michelin Defender LTX 305/45/22 installed. For anyone wanting a quiet, smooth ride these can't be beat.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
No issues or faults speedo not off that much I can always change it with the Tazer.

Thanks for the info. I was actually referring to the Recon Grapplers 305/55/R22 that Eaglevc22 installed. The Recon Grapplers 305/55/R22 seem like they would look fantastic and much lighter than a typical 35" tire, since it is an SL load range. I just would not want to deal with any parking sensor issues as a consequence. These trucks are much too nice to screw up the ride and tech that they come with.

smkt404

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was actually referring to the Recon Grapplers 305/55/R22 that Eaglevc22 installed. The Recon Grapplers 305/55/R22 seem like they would look fantastic and much lighter than a typical 35" tire, since it is an SL load range. I just would not want to deal with any parking sensor issues as a consequence. These trucks are much too nice to screw up the ride and tech that they come with.
Appears to be 62 lb tire.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Appears to be 62 lb tire.
yes, but it is a +35" SL tire that is comparable in weight to most 33" XL tires! Hard to beat where performance is concerned. But I'm pretty sure that the height of this tire will make the electronics on this truck go squirrely ;-)

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Was a tough decision but I am super happy with my choice. I have always put larger AT tires on my previous trucks when the factory tires wore out, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it on this Ram Limited. I’ve never had a truck that handled so well and rode so smooth and quiet on the highway. Not even my 2016 GMC Denali with Magnetic ride.

I just put these 305/45/22 General G Max AS-07, slightly taller/wider than OEMs. Took them for a nice long ride today. Whisper quiet and still have the same performance, power, and handling as the OEM Goodyear Touring. They were about 1/3 the cost of going with some of the nicer ATs. These tires are only 3 lbs heavier than the stocks too. My Speedo is now 1.5 mph off, but I have a Tazer DT being delivered tomorrow.

Photos taken in Normal ride height.
IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4756.jpeg IMG_4754.jpeg IMG_4753.jpeg
This tire size should have come as OEM on this truck. They even have a 50K mile warranty, unlike the stock Goodyears, 😂

I really like the looks of the AT tires and you guys have posted some really awesome pictures of your rides, but I absolutely LOVE the sporty look and so glad I didn’t screw up the luxury ride😎

Last edited:

smkt404

Reaction score
Was a tough decision but I am super happy with my choice. I have always put larger AT tires on my previous trucks when the factory tires wore out, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it on this Ram Limited. I’ve never had a truck that handled so well and rode so smooth and quiet on the highway. Not even my 2016 GMC Denali with Magnetic ride.

I just put these 305/45/22 General G Max AS-07, slightly taller/wider than OEMs. Took them for a nice long ride today. Whisper quiet and still have the same performance, power, and handling as the OEM Goodyear Touring. They were about 1/3 the cost of going with some of the nicer ATs. These tires are only 3 lbs heavier than the stocks too. My Speedo is now 1.5 mph off, but I have a Tazer DT being delivered tomorrow.

Photos taken in Normal ride height.
View attachment 181482

View attachment 181485 View attachment 181483 View attachment 181484
This tire size should have come as OEM on this truck. They even have a 50K mile warranty, unlike the stock Goodyears, 😂

I really like the looks of the AT tires and you guys have posted some really awesome pictures of your rides, but I absolutely LOVE the sporty look and so glad I didn’t screw up the luxury ride😎
I thought the oem 22 inch wheel only allowed for 9inch installs, this is 9.5

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I thought the oem 22 inch wheel only allowed for 9inch installs, this is 9.5

Ram Dealership installed them and said it was good. Discount tire lists it for 9” installs as well.
IMG_4760.jpeg
The stance is perfect on these wheels!! At 36 psi the tread sits completely flat and retains that tight “sporty” steering that I love😎

Users who are viewing this thread