5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You seem to have missed the fact that he was giving you a hard time. There is a difference between break and brake, yet you seem to use them as though they are the same, as in this example "This is the automatic parking break disabled (Rear ParkSense Braking Assist), going backwards in reverse, sensors are both still enabled just no forced braking.". Pretty sure he was just busting your balls about that.

Yep. It brakes my heart that he misunderstood my sarcasm. 🤣

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You seem to have missed the fact that he was giving you a hard time. There is a difference between break and brake, yet you seem to use them as though they are the same, as in this example "This is the automatic parking break disabled (Rear ParkSense Braking Assist), going backwards in reverse, sensors are both still enabled just no forced braking.". Pretty sure he was just busting your balls about that.
Yes I know.
I probbly quoted the wrong person.

People in this thread are getting the 2 differnet features mixed up. Bunch of spelling nazis here it seems

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would max out a Longhorn if I was replacing my GMC. Air suspension and power running boards would be must options. I just like the Longhorn interior better.

charles3ct

Reaction score
I have the auto-park and never use it. Don't need it AND it is totally flaky.

They have adaptive cruise on bikes now. I have regular cruise on my main bike and I love it. I thought I would never want or care about adaptive cruise on a bike. Then I was riding with a couple of buddies and I was not leading. On boring stretches I realized adaptive would have been nice in those situations. Let it pace my buddy in front of me, while I let my right hand take a break.

In my truck. there are times when it is really nice. E.g. heavy traffic in construction zones. Or stuck behind a slow car on a 2-lane road where I can't pass.

It's not the right thing for all occasions. But, in some specific occasions, it is really great! (to me)

The auto emergency braking when backing up is not just a button. You have to go into the menus and find it to turn it off. I leave mine turned off.

When I'm backing up to something like a driveway where the road is level but the driveway goes uphill slightly, having that emergency braking kick in is AGGRAVATING! Or just backing up to a curb and the truck slams to a halt. It kicks in for me WAY too often. I probably back up faster than some people do, but I don't run into stuff....
My truck sometimes sounds like a pinball machine when parking - all those alarms going off.

Agree the self park is useless tried it a couple of times once it tried to park in a non-spot that had a small tree in it between two actual spots. Plus I cannot take the time in a busy parking lot to figure the thing out. So If I am in the middle of no where in a vacant parking lot I will give it another go.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
I'm just going to weigh in on the aesthetics. I am looking at buying used so I went down to the dealer and sat in all three of the higher trims- Longhorn, Limited, & Laramie. The longhorn black + saddle interior absolutely blew me away. I think it was a 2024, brand new. The Laramie was also very nice. It was a Sport which i think has nicer looking trim. Now, the Limited I sat in was a 2019, so 5 years old. It was the black interior. I have read how it's supposedly so much nicer than Laramie but I really didn't feel that way. The lower part of the doors on both are still plastic. The only extra leather I noticed beyond the seats was the console strip next to the seats is leather covered on the limited and plastic on the Laramie. I really honestly thought that the Laramie Sport interior was just as nice. All 3 had the sunroof and the 12" screen so it was fairly "apples to apples to apples" as far as options. Laramie didn't have power boards but those can be optioned. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to go Laramie, but money no options I'd get the Longhorn in that black and saddle combo all day. Just gorgeous. I'm a big outdoors guy and the wood and brown felt as much just "outdoorsy" to me as "country/western". I think the buckles are a little silly but they are in the back so I don't really care!

6of36

Reaction score
I'm just going to weigh in on the aesthetics. I am looking at buying used so I went down to the dealer and sat in all three of the higher trims- Longhorn, Limited, & Laramie. The longhorn black + saddle interior absolutely blew me away. I think it was a 2024, brand new. The Laramie was also very nice. It was a Sport which i think has nicer looking trim. Now, the Limited I sat in was a 2019, so 5 years old. It was the black interior. I have read how it's supposedly so much nicer than Laramie but I really didn't feel that way. The lower part of the doors on both are still plastic. The only extra leather I noticed beyond the seats was the console strip next to the seats is leather covered on the limited and plastic on the Laramie. I really honestly thought that the Laramie Sport interior was just as nice. All 3 had the sunroof and the 12" screen so it was fairly "apples to apples to apples" as far as options. Laramie didn't have power boards but those can be optioned. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to go Laramie, but money no options I'd get the Longhorn in that black and saddle combo all day. Just gorgeous. I'm a big outdoors guy and the wood and brown felt as much just "outdoorsy" to me as "country/western". I think the buckles are a little silly but they are in the back so I don't really care!
The ugly buckles are what keep me from a Longhorn. Limited has a lot more upgraded things on the interior, that you didn't notice. Things that may not interest you. Different ambient lighting, heated, cooled, reclining rear seats, upgraded console, fancier floor mats, digital dash standard. My last truck was a Laramie, and it was great. This time, because I was buying, because lease prices aren't a deal, like they used to be, I ordered, and went all out. Buy what YOU like, and what you can afford. In my opinion, they are all nice trucks.

dieselman493

Reaction score
Well I have a new longhorn limited without air suspension {witch I had to look hard for} and with all the rams I have owned this one is by far is the best for fit and finish from the seats to the trim very happy.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's just personal preference, but black and brown never look good together, to me. Black belt and brown shoes? Nope. Boots that are black and brown? Nope. And definitely not truck seats and interior that is black and brown. You can call it "saddle", but it is brown, to me.

Also, wood in a truck interior? Seriously?!? Would you like some wood trim on your motorcycle, too? And maybe a nice thatched roof instead of that pano sunroof, while we're at it? How about a nice buckboard bench seat, too?

Do what floats your boat. "Because I like it" is the best reason anyone can have for having whatever they have. But, those things are definitely not for me.

I had a Laramie for 3 years, then traded for a Limited. I like the 1500 Limited the best of any truck you can buy right now.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ugly buckles are what keep me from a Longhorn. Limited has a lot more upgraded things on the interior, that you didn't notice. Things that may not interest you. Different ambient lighting, heated, cooled, reclining rear seats, upgraded console, fancier floor mats, digital dash standard. My last truck was a Laramie, and it was great. This time, because I was buying, because lease prices aren't a deal, like they used to be, I ordered, and went all out. Buy what YOU like, and what you can afford. In my opinion, they are all nice trucks.
The suede headliner is nice too! Love the ambient lighting the truck is just all around relaxing...until my right foot takes over. LOL!

6of36

Reaction score
Add in the proper use of 'there', 'their' and 'they're'
Consul or council instead of console. Autocorrect makes those mistakes on my phone all the time, because I use voice to text, but not on my computer. English was my most hated class, and I do the reverse i and e, but I at least write the right word, even if it's spelled wrong. Thank goodness for spell check, because I just hit the wrong key, writing that last sentence, and misspelled the word spelled.:ROFLMAO:

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who wants to be the one to the break news to Stuart about wood in the Limited’s interior?

I don't like it there, either. But, it least it doesn't really look like wood. It looks like faux wood plastic (to me). I'd like it a lot better if it was carbon fiber - or even faux carbon fiber plastic. Regardless, it doesn't bother me enough to actually do anything about it.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score

Well I have a new longhorn limited without air suspension {witch I had to look hard for} and with all the rams I have owned this one is by far is the best for fit and finish from the seats to the trim very happy.

It's just personal preference, but black and brown never look good together, to me. Black belt and brown shoes? Nope. Boots that are black and brown? Nope. And definitely not truck seats and interior that is black and brown. You can call it "saddle", but it is brown, to me.

Also, wood in a truck interior? Seriously?!? Would you like some wood trim on your motorcycle, too? And maybe a nice thatched roof instead of that pano sunroof, while we're at it? How about a nice buckboard bench seat, too?

Do what floats your boat. "Because I like it" is the best reason anyone can have for having whatever they have. But, those things are definitely not for me.

I had a Laramie for 3 years, then traded for a Limited. I like the 1500 Limited the best of any truck you can buy right now.
Well my patience paid off and I think i got an amazing deal. Found a trade 600 miles away on a 2020 Longhorn. Black with black/saddle interior. Pano roof, 4 corner air, power running boards, and ASG. Less than 4 years old, 55K miles and paid less than $40k! Love it. The only thing it's missing that I really wanted is the Ramboxes. But honestly I'm so very thrilled and the price is killer. Same truck in limited or longhorn is $50k here. Interior is so nice. Love the brown and black combo and the real wood. Nothing in it screams cowboy except maybe the buckles on the backseats I'll never see.

Elegant yet still a bit rugged with a bit of country mixed with grandfather clocks, oak, bourbon, and cigar lounge type feel. I'm rambling.

Side note, it's missing the floor mats. Who has the part number for them? Longhorn in black saddle with the carpet inserts. I know they won't be cheap.

6of36

Reaction score
Well my patience paid off and I think i got an amazing deal. Found a trade 600 miles away on a 2020 Longhorn. Black with black/saddle interior. Pano roof, 4 corner air, power running boards, and ASG. Less than 4 years old, 55K miles and paid less than $40k! Love it. The only thing it's missing that I really wanted is the Ramboxes. But honestly I'm so very thrilled and the price is killer. Same truck in limited or longhorn is $50k here. Interior is so nice. Love the brown and black combo and the real wood. Nothing in it screams cowboy except maybe the buckles on the backseats I'll never see.

Elegant yet still a bit rugged with a bit of country mixed with grandfather clocks, oak, bourbon, and cigar lounge type feel. I'm rambling.

Side note, it's missing the floor mats. Who has the part number for them? Longhorn in black saddle with the carpet inserts. I know they won't be cheap.
Floor mats $700 last I heard. I don't have the part number though.

Users who are viewing this thread