5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, it takes at least 2 seconds out of your day. As my vision started to degrade, I got glasses. 🙄
There are no glasses for that distance. readers are good for less than 24 inches. And it's 2 seconds I shouldn't have to take. It's something that should be able to disable for people who know how to back up.

John Galt

Reaction score
There are no glasses for that distance. readers are good for less than 24 inches. And it's 2 seconds I shouldn't have to take. It's something that should be able to disable for people who know how to back up.
It’s not until I read this thead that I started paying attention to how many tailgates I see with a dent in them :D

6of36

Reaction score
It’s not until I read this thead that I started paying attention to how many tailgates I see with a dent in them :D
I have a dumba&& neighbor who jack knifed his trailer three times in a little over a month, crunching the bed on his Chevy. Some people never learn.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct I thought hard for the tailgate but decided no to. The 360 cams made me almost reorder more than the tailgate, but the main reason I ordered was for the 5.7 in a new truck since I knew it would get phased out first on the 23 Laramie's. I absolutely hate adaptive cruise...lol..I had it in my 19 NEVER USED IT always used the regular cruise. I refuse to ride with a pack ( Old biker) But I would have enjoyed the 360 had it on the 19 and loved it! I'm sure I would have liked the tailgate but can do with it okay. Done tech. package with Sport. Really like the 23 but really miss the back row heated seats and 360 cams. The projector Led or Led are both okay with me either way. The auto park on my 19 I used one time and had I not stopped it, it would have got a 19 vette at the time....I never used it ever again! I know how to park and sensors up front and rear are plenty help for me. Do like the rear back up auto brake on the 19 and the 23 very useful feature for sure.

I have the auto-park and never use it. Don't need it AND it is totally flaky.

They have adaptive cruise on bikes now. I have regular cruise on my main bike and I love it. I thought I would never want or care about adaptive cruise on a bike. Then I was riding with a couple of buddies and I was not leading. On boring stretches I realized adaptive would have been nice in those situations. Let it pace my buddy in front of me, while I let my right hand take a break.

In my truck. there are times when it is really nice. E.g. heavy traffic in construction zones. Or stuck behind a slow car on a 2-lane road where I can't pass.

It's not the right thing for all occasions. But, in some specific occasions, it is really great! (to me)

That's the pain in the ****. Have to stop and try and figure out which button. Small writing and bad eyes. I watch where I back up and don't need it.

The auto emergency braking when backing up is not just a button. You have to go into the menus and find it to turn it off. I leave mine turned off.

When I'm backing up to something like a driveway where the road is level but the driveway goes uphill slightly, having that emergency braking kick in is AGGRAVATING! Or just backing up to a curb and the truck slams to a halt. It kicks in for me WAY too often. I probably back up faster than some people do, but I don't run into stuff....

6of36

Reaction score

They have adaptive cruise on bikes now. I have regular cruise on my main bike and I love it. I thought I would never want or care about adaptive cruise on a bike. Then I was riding with a couple of buddies and I was not leading. On boring stretches I realized adaptive would have been nice in those situations. Let it pace my buddy in front of me, while I let my right hand take a break.

In my truck. there are times when it is really nice. E.g. heavy traffic in construction zones. Or stuck behind a slow car on a 2-lane road where I can't pass.

It's not the right thing for all occasions. But, in some specific occasions, it is really great! (to me)

The auto emergency braking when backing up is not just a button. You have to go into the menus and find it to turn it off. I leave mine turned off.

When I'm backing up to something like a driveway where the road is level but the driveway goes uphill slightly, having that emergency braking kick in is AGGRAVATING! Or just backing up to a curb and the truck slams to a halt. It kicks in for me WAY too often. I probably back up faster than some people do, but I don't run into stuff....
I don't have the truck any more, it was totaled. It was a 21, so it may have had a setting, but I never saw it. My Durango is even worse. Not only does it have the stupid auto stop, but the car won't move with the door open. Sometimes you want to just move a foot or so, like when you unhitch a trailer. I unlatch the coupler, and hop in to just roll forward, so I can lower the tongue jack, or lock the coupler. You hop in and throw it in gear to roll up a foot, and the car won't move. You have to put it back in park, then close the door, then put in gear.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the truck any more, it was totaled. It was a 21, so it may have had a setting, but I never saw it. My Durango is even worse. Not only does it have the stupid auto stop, but the car won't move with the door open. Sometimes you want to just move a foot or so, like when you unhitch a trailer. I unlatch the coupler, and hop in to just roll forward, so I can lower the tongue jack, or lock the coupler. You hop in and throw it in gear to roll up a foot, and the car won't move. You have to put it back in park, then close the door, then put in gear.

My current truck is a '21.

It also won't move with the door open - unless the seat belt is fastened. You can fake it by buckling the seat belt behind yourself, if you want. I just close the door when I need to move.

6of36

Reaction score

It also won't move with the door open - unless the seat belt is fastened. You can fake it by buckling the seat belt behind yourself, if you want. I just close the door when I need to move.
Must have been mid year change. My 21 Ram was an early build, and didn't do that. The auto brake was a real shock the first time it happened. Truck was less than a week old, and I backed up with the gate down. It kept jerking to a stop and I thought something was broken in the brakes. My 19 didn't do it and I had never heard of it. I think it was weeks later that I learned the truck auto stopped.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You guys are confusing differnet "features".

The auto brake was a real shock the first time it happened. Truck was less than a week old, and I backed up with the gate down. It kept jerking to a stop and I thought something was broken in the brakes. My 19 didn't do it and I had never heard of it. I think it was weeks later that I learned the truck auto stopped.
This can be turned off with a switch, it's changing the rear parking sensor from brake to warn (the beeps)

This is auto-park not auto-break.
Just put your truck into tow haul mode and it will let you move with the door open.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must have been mid year change. My 21 Ram was an early build, and didn't do that. The auto brake was a real shock the first time it happened. Truck was less than a week old, and I backed up with the gate down. It kept jerking to a stop and I thought something was broken in the brakes. My 19 didn't do it and I had never heard of it. I think it was weeks later that I learned the truck auto stopped.

My '19 did it, too. It's a feature that is controlled in a menu option in the Uconnect Settings.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

It's hard to believe you've never heard of progressive lenses. They work perfectly for all distances.

There are plenty of things to complain about, disabling the backup sensors isn't one of them. What does knowing how to back up have to do with pushing a button?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe you've never heard of progressive lenses. They work perfectly for all distances.

There are plenty of things to complain about, disabling the backup sensors isn't one of them. What does knowing how to back up have to do with pushing a button?
I keep both sensors enabled but disabled the braking feature.
Too many false positives.
I'm not complaining about it. Would be good for my grandmother in law who kept hitting stuff until she decided to stop driving, LOL.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I keep both sensors enabled but disabled the breaking feature.
Too many false positives.
I'm not complaining about it. Would be good for my grandmother in law who kept hitting stuff until she decided to stop driving, LOL.

I'll have to check mine because it sure would be nice to turn off the breaking feature. Nobody wants their truck to break. 🤣

I haven't had one false positive. I did forget to push the button a couple of times with the tailgate down... no big deal, it just stops the truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'll have to check mine because it sure would be nice to turn off the breaking feature. Nobody wants their truck to break. 🤣

I haven't had one false positive. I did forget to push the button a couple of times with the tailgate down... no big deal, it just stops the truck.
Yeah Yeah.

It happened to me on my way home from Mark Dodge backing into a parking spot probably 25 feet away around 2am to eat at a Dennies.
It stopped in around 15 feet away from the parking spot in the middle of the lot, it was a slightly curved lot with the parking spot going upwards.

I look in the direction I am moving so it doesn't help me.

23RAM

Reaction score
There are no glasses for that distance. readers are good for less than 24 inches. And it's 2 seconds I shouldn't have to take.
You should shop around for a better Optometrist and/or Lense store - my wife has progressive lenses with 3 ranges and the middle works well for things at arm's length or so. She gets reading, short distance, and far distance all in one set of glasses.

As for the second it takes to tap the button...that's just nitpicking as I use it all the time when backing up a trailer. And I want it working when I'm not towing.

It's something that should be able to disable for people who know how to back up.
Sure...until some ******* in a rust-bucket POS pulls into your path behind you without looking - had that happen with less than 1k on the truck - the RAM braking saved a dent in the bumper. I've been towing and backing into my driveway since I was 16, but that's mean I can foresee the other idiots out there.

23RAM

Reaction score
No false positives here either, although a seagull did trigger it once as it flew away.
:D

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had cruise on my last bike loved it , I could see how adaptive would be nice on the bike riding with a group for sure. I just never liked it on the 19 Ram at all never used it. I had a 18 Scat pack that had it and remapped it for use as Sport Mode and it worked great for that! Your spot on with auto-park scared the hell out of me...new 23 has none of it but would have liked the 2nd row heated seats and the 360 cams I had on 19.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

This is the braking when driving forward (not parking). Set to warning only.
2023-05-17 17.08.34.jpg

This is the automatic parking break disabled (Rear ParkSense Braking Assist), going backwards in reverse, sensors are both still enabled just no forced braking. If this was enabled and my tailgate was down it wouldn't let me back up.

2023-05-17 17.08.44.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is the braking when driving forward (not parking). Set to warning only.
View attachment 158940

This is the automatic parking break disabled (Rear ParkSense Braking Assist), going backwards in reverse, sensors are both still enabled just no forced braking. If this was enabled and my tailgate was down it wouldn't let me back up.

View attachment 158941
You seem to have missed the fact that he was giving you a hard time. There is a difference between break and brake, yet you seem to use them as though they are the same, as in this example "This is the automatic parking break disabled (Rear ParkSense Braking Assist), going backwards in reverse, sensors are both still enabled just no forced braking.". Pretty sure he was just busting your balls about that.

Users who are viewing this thread