5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Probably victims of the chip shortage. I was just going off of what the options were available on the Ram website.

Yep thats exactly it.
I wanted to get a Laramie with the GT package and the technology package but I could't
Either get a Laramie with GT package, or a Limited with the technology package.
Ended up getting the Limited as everything in the GT package I can add myself if I wanted. Even the console shifter can be retrofitted.

If you look at the package you added on the website, it doesn't include anything anymore. It's suppose to list 2 items.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't get heads up display or rear view camera (not backup camera) on a Laramie.
Those are both huge options imo.
The soft tri-fold is actually bad, if you have Ramboxes as you can not get an after market cover unless you buy new $350-450 rails from Ram.

I agree that the factory soft tri-fold is a POS.

Regardless, my point STILL stands: If I configure a Laramie and a Limited so they have all the same stuff, the Laramie is a little less expensive.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree that the factory soft tri-fold is a POS.

Regardless, my point STILL stands: If I configure a Laramie and a Limited so they have all the same stuff, the Laramie is a little less expensive.
No your point does NOT still stand.
You can't get all the features in a Laramie as a Limited.
It's just an incorrect statement saying if you configure both the same, the Laramie costs less.

Also the problem I am referring to has nothing to do about the tri-fold cover, but the rails that Ram installs if you get the free cover.
If you get a Laramie with Ramboxes and night edition you don't get a free tri-fold and in turn get silver rails which allows you to buy any cover.
If you get a Limited with Ramboxes and night edition you get a free tri-fold and they give you a differnet rail that allows the mopar only cover to mount and it's impossible to use any other cover with it.

The OP can do builds for a Limited and a Laramie and compare the standard and packaged items.
Doing something on Ram's website does NOT mean it even exists.

Last edited:

Clv22p

Reaction score
Has anyone seen custom limited headlights?
TRX has the same lights. I’ve seen those customized more than limited trucks.

Retro shop does it.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep thats exactly it.
I wanted to get a Laramie with the GT package and the technology package but I could't
Either get a Laramie with GT package, or a Limited with the technology package.
Ended up getting the Limited as everything in the GT package I can add myself if I wanted. Even the console shifter can be retrofitted.

If you look at the package you added on the website, it doesn't include anything anymore. It's suppose to list 2 items.
i would cost you alot to add every single think from the GT, air intake, exhaust, shifter, performance app, metal pedals, GT bucket seats, gt rear seats, 3.92 gear, etc,..

could the technology package be added to the GT ? the Mirror can, dont know about the rest of the package

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
i would cost you alot to add every single think from the GT, air intake, exhaust, shifter, performance app, metal pedals, GT bucket seats, gt rear seats, 3.92 gear, etc,..

could the technology package be added to the GT ? the Mirror can, dont know about the rest of the package
The GT package was $3500.
Metal pedals? $20 for covers or around $70 for pedals.
What are GT bucket seats? You mean the regular seats?
3.92 gears are not included with the GT package, it just forces it enabled as an option.
Performance app anyone can get
exhaust is just a Borla S type exhaust, $1300 new
Air intake will run you $700 new
If you want the console shifter I believe it can be retrofitted for around $800 give or take a little.

You can't add the review view camera mirror on a Laramie, and you can't even get the technology package on a Laramie, and on a Limited it's part of level 1 equipment group because there is no technology package offered anymore for any trims.

Point is get what features you want\need. The trim does not matter on these trucks.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The GT package was $3500.
Metal pedals? $20 for covers or around $70 for pedals.
What are GT bucket seats? You mean the regular seats?
3.92 gears are not included with the GT package, it just forces it enabled as an option.
Performance app anyone can get
exhaust is just a Borla S type exhaust, $1300 new
Air intake will run you $700 new
If you want the console shifter I believe it can be retrofitted for around $800 give or take a little.

You can't add the review view camera mirror on a Laramie, and you can't even get the technology package on a Laramie, and on a Limited it's part of level 1 equipment group because there is no technology package offered anymore for any trims.

Point is get what features you want\need. The trim does not matter on these trucks.

no the GT come with different seat, same as trx if im not mistaking but with GT logo on it instead of trx

their is also the paddle shifters, dont know if that could be retro

yes you can add the review camera mirror, some have done it here in this forum,

just seem less costfull to add that mirror.. but as you mention , it all depend on what you want

1668216285372.png

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
honestly i test drove the regular laramie and the gt laramie ,.. the regular is confortable but th GT bucket seats are very confortable, there is a difference in the feeling, plus you feel more supported in curves, but again it goes with preference, some might not like that

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
no the GT come with different seat, same as trx if im not mistaking but with GT logo on it instead of trx

their is also the paddle shifters, dont know if that could be retro

yes you can add the review camera mirror, some have done it here in this forum,

just seem less costfull to add that mirror.. but as you mention , it all depend on what you want

View attachment 143531
Those seats lookk like my Limited, but don't say GT.
I see you got the GT package, did you get the tag handing on the seats when you bought it?

I'm also sure you coudl retrofit the paddle shiffters but it would be very expensive. I bet they come as part of the wheel and I know they gouge you on pricing for a new wheel.
I test drove a GT and man, those paddle shifters suck. Felt like you needed to have Silverback Gorilla hands for them to feel right. Also if I recall they don't even travel with the wheel and stay up top no matter what?
I really wanted to like the GT package but it just fell short from what I would expect to get in a sports car, which is what I thought the GT was going for.

To be clear if I was able to get a Laramie (or Limited) with the GT package and the heads up display I would of.
It's annoying but Ram has chosen to not allow some packages to be built on some trims the past year, and it's super annoying.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
look like and are the same is quite different, the rebel looks like the trx but is far from being a trx, the same for the bucket seats. they look the same but the feeling in it is different. as mention they are the same as the trx, same for paddle shifters, they are the same as trx... but again it all depends what you want and or need

bdub4480

Reaction score
TRX has the same lights. I’ve seen those customized more than limited trucks.

Retro shop does it.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, but there is no info about about it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

HRCfan1

Reaction score
I can’t comment on the Laramie seats because I only test drove one so wasn’t long enough. I love my limited seats and know they are very comfortable as I drove it 7 hours home from the dealership. The limited has genuine leather from GST autoleather. It has genuine full grain leather with the same materials as horseman’s saddles. I’ve owned enough saddles to know these seats smell and feel the same.

As far as the limited longhorn it is a lower trim level under the limited as it has options that are standard on the limited ie air ride, V8, 12 inch screen, power running-boards etc.

As far as the headlights they do move with the steering. You can see them move when you turn the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting ready to order a 2023 Laramie Night Edition with the Laramie 2 package etc. I hope I like the 22 inch wheels over the 20 inch but with the Night edition you get no option for 20 inch wheels. ):

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not see a big difference between a Laramie and the Limited or Longhorn at all.....I would like the 360 cam view on the Laramie and will have it like I do on 19 Laramie now when I get the 23 with Night Edition package with the use of a Tazer. The only thing I was not too happy about was 22 inch wheels on the 23 Night Edition, I would have preferred the 20 Inch over the 22 inch if I had the option.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
A fully-loaded Longhorn costs more than a Limited (due to a la carte option pricing). I believe that a fully-loaded Laramie might be the MOST expensive non-TRX configuration, as you're adding a slew of options to get there. But I haven't run the numbers in a while.
You are right, but we demanded 6 passenger seating and it was literally the only way to get all the technology we wanted with the 6 passenger seating on our coming '23 Laramie..

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are right, but we demanded 6 passenger seating and it was literally the only way to get all the technology we wanted with the 6 passenger seating on our coming '23 Laramie..
What was your msrp if you don't mind me asking? Bench cloth was my priority.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
What was your msrp if you don't mind me asking? Bench cloth was my priority.
I'm sure it was about $74k, everything but the heads up and of course you can't get any of the sport/nite/etc editions because they each MUST include a console.
You can't get the bright blue or my flame red in a Limited. Very important choice since I have driven Patriot Blue Rams for 20 miles.

I also didn't get the tire trailer tire pressure monitors.
Am I the last real man buying a RAM that wants his wife to sit next to him without a barricade? Next step is Stellantis merging with Subaru the alternative lifestyle choice car mark?
I have cloth seats in my '04 SLT and the seats look like 1920's football sweaters after 10 minutes of German Shepherd dog seat time.

2023 Flame Red Laramie. Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7L Hemi with eTorque, 5'7" bed
Anti-Spin rear diff., 3.92 gears, 4-Wheel air suspension
33 gal gas tank, wheel house liners, Laramie Level II equipment group
Advanced Safety Group, Trailer Tow Group, Chrome Power-folding tow mirrors
Power Running Boards, Trim-fold tonneau group, RamBox Cargo Management System
Leather Trimmed 40-20-40 front bench seating, Connect 12 inch touch screen
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread