5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie vs. Big Horn?

runamuck

Reaction score
well I always get leather buckets and the cut-off for that seemed to be the Laramie so that's where I started. cloth seats dont work for me because they look worn pretty fast, absorb odors and I like the look and feel of leather better but everyone likes different stuff. I didnt ask for reclining back seats but they came with the truck and the first folks that rode back there thought they were pretty cool along with the great amount of floor space and the flat floor. also since the gm products quit including rear a/c outlets, the fact that the ram has em was a very big plus because of the heat here in Texas.

pber1

Reaction score
Like most I didn’t want leather when I was looking to buy so I waited until I found the perfect Big Horn Sport. I got LED lights, 7.0 cluster, 6’4 bed, 4X4, tow hooks, skid plates, Alpine audio and blind spot assist, all which are basically standard on the Laramie. What it comes down to is do you want leather or not?

16RamHemi

Reaction score
What package does the alpine radio come with on the bighorn? I dont see it listed anywhere when building one online.

clippedwings

Reaction score
I went with the Laramie to get the light colored interior ( no black) and pwr pass seat. I didn't want leather, but there is no light colored interior with cloth seats.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ill have yo go on and build again, but i remember not being able to add that (i think because of the sport appearance pkg). Saw a review on youtube and a guy mentioned alpone being part of the led light pkg. But build does not list it with led pkg.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Laramine with sport package is the way to go imo.. looks the best with no chrome. but yes big horn is the most bang for your buck

pber1

Reaction score
Ill have yo go on and build again, but i remember not being able to add that (i think because of the sport appearance pkg). Saw a review on youtube and a guy mentioned alpone being part of the led light pkg. But build does not list it with led pkg.
You might have to call and speak with a rep!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The online configurator leaves a lot to be desired. You select something and it changes an option you want, making you think those options are not available together.

FWIW, the best way to find a vehicle optioned exactly how you want (assuming you know exactly what you want) is to use the locator and check one option at a time and have it refresh. If you check all of the options on at one time, you’ll never find the truck. Once again, the online tools leave a lot to be desired.

My Big Horn is an odd configuration, I have a few options that the configurator will not allow. I was however able to configure it exactly how I liked by visiting a dealer but then I found one about an hour away from me online by manipulating the locator as mentioned above and purchased that one instead.

EStein

Reaction score
I got the Bighorn with no regrets. Went into it thinking I wanted the Laramie. Dealer had a Bighorn on sale and it fit everything I wanted except for leather and stereo. Went with the aftermarket leather through Katzkins ($1500 front and rear) and I’ll throw some aftermarket speakers in from Crutchfield and call it good enough. Ride is awesome. Quiet! Just enough rumble from the hemi!

Stasek

Reaction score
I would like to buy a stripped down Laramie with V6, but unfortunately can’t configure it with the center console (have to select Level 1). Maybe a visit to the dealer is in order.

alow

Reaction score
If you are looking at picking options and building then Id definately say talk to a dealer instead of relying on the configurator. The online config is good to get you in the ballpark but the dealer had access to alot of different options that the config said I couldnt do.

Ls15

Reaction score
Laramie with black appearance package for me was a must . Just had to keep adding to a big horn wasn’t worth it .

Users who are viewing this thread