5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie sport thread

Jims380da

Reaction score
Did anyone max out their Laramie with options instead of going with a limited? Trying to see if I’m crazy or not. My dilemma is I want a luxury truck inside with a tough exterior. The chrome trim /mirrors etc on the limited is just not me. When I went to the dealer told them the spec Laramie I wanted they said ‘why not Just get a limited it’s the same price’.

Because I don’t like chrome. That’s why.

I feel the same way. That's how I'm ordering mine

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Did anyone max out their Laramie with options instead of going with a limited? Trying to see if I’m crazy or not. My dilemma is I want a luxury truck inside with a tough exterior. The chrome trim /mirrors etc on the limited is just not me. When I went to the dealer told them the spec Laramie I wanted they said ‘why not Just get a limited it’s the same price’.

I spec'ed out my Laramie:
Blacked out
Air ride suspension
Pano roof
12" screen
33 gallon fuel tank
3.92 rear end

Ended up pretty expensive but I didn't want any chrome.

skee907

Reaction score
Love the new truck. Backup camera allows the wife to handle the boat ALOT easier. Tows way better with the 8spd than the 5spd in my 4th Gen. Now waiting to see how she handles all of the camping gear and loaded down boat, to see if I want to add some Timber Groves and an air system in the floor board of the truck.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 22, 14 31 31.jpg
    Photo Jun 22, 14 31 31.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Photo Jun 22, 16 43 02.jpg
    Photo Jun 22, 16 43 02.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 148

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just make sure no distractions occur prior to backing that boat up into the garage without lowering those lights first :)
Trust me -- it can happen .. LOL

skee907

Reaction score
Just make sure no distractions occur prior to backing that boat up into the garage without lowering those lights first :)
Trust me -- it can happen .. LOL

The boat doesn't fit in the garage lengthwise, so it doesn't ever go further than that in the driveway. I know there was an option on the 5th Gens for the backup cameras to show a camera on the back of the trailer. Does anyone know which package that came with?

MrAndrewArnold

Reaction score

I did the same exact thing. Chrome is just not in style anymore. I could have opted for the Limited or Longhorn then paint/wrap the chrome but the Laramie Sport just won me over.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The boat doesn't fit in the garage lengthwise, so it doesn't ever go further than that in the driveway. I know there was an option on the 5th Gens for the backup cameras to show a camera on the back of the trailer. Does anyone know which package that came with?

Mine will have the trailer cam view as part of either the Level 2 Equip Grp or the Adv Safety Grp (I don't show it listed specifically but the Adv Safety Grp does list the Collision Warn, Parking Assist, Surround Camera). I don't know what all 3 vehicles we looked at on the lot, but they all had a button in the radio display that flipped from BACKUP CAM to HITCH CAM.

skee907

Reaction score
Mine will have the trailer cam view as part of either the Level 2 Equip Grp or the Adv Safety Grp (I don't show it listed specifically but the Adv Safety Grp does list the Collision Warn, Parking Assist, Surround Camera). I don't know what all 3 vehicles we looked at on the lot, but they all had a button in the radio display that flipped from BACKUP CAM to HITCH CAM.

Keep me updated on the trailer cam when you get it! I wouldn't mind looking into adding it to mine, since with the swim platform and everything, it can be roughly a 27-29' trailer back there. I plan on contacting the local dealer to see if it is addable to my Level 1 with the 8.4" screen as an auxiliary camera. If you are getting it on your 1500 I don't see why I couldn't.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep me updated on the trailer cam when you get it! I wouldn't mind looking into adding it to mine, since with the swim platform and everything, it can be roughly a 27-29' trailer back there. I plan on contacting the local dealer to see if it is addable to my Level 1 with the 8.4" screen as an auxiliary camera. If you are getting it on your 1500 I don't see why I couldn't.

Here are what the screens look like : 8.4"

12"

Mikebeezly123

Reaction score
Please Help!

Stuck between Granite or Black Laramie Sport - with 20-inch Aluminum colored wheels ( Liked the drive with 20's better on the big horn I test drove I imagine its the same for Laramie )
&
Black Laramie Sport with The blackout package and 22" rims / 20 Aluminum (leasing so whichever I can locate) - I love the blacked-out look, However, I live in New York City, Will be parking on the street, and I am in construction Business- I want / love the black, but heard its hard to keep clean, emphasizes scratches and nicks.

Anyways Im pulling the trigger tomorrow, appreciate your time !

Please if you have Black give me your advice on this, Especially keeping the car clean and mean.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Please Help!

Stuck between Granite or Black Laramie Sport - with 20-inch Aluminum colored wheels ( Liked the drive with 20's better on the big horn I test drove I imagine its the same for Laramie )
&
Black Laramie Sport with The blackout package and 22" rims / 20 Aluminum (leasing so whichever I can locate) - I love the blacked-out look, However, I live in New York City, Will be parking on the street, and I am in construction Business- I want / love the black, but heard its hard to keep clean, emphasizes scratches and nicks.

Please if you have Black give me your advice on this, Especially keeping the car clean and mean.

More than the color, I'd steer clear of 22 in rims - you lose sidewall height on the tire so if you are smacking those 5 boroughs potholes you are gonna smoke a wheel or 3.

I've got the black and I love it. I use mine like a truck - no babying or worrying about scratches - a truck, like a hammer, is a tool. I hunt and do farm work and park in suburban and city parking lots so it is subject to scratches from branches, corn stalks and office workers ragging their laptops, purses and workout bags and this people beat the crap out of whatever they walk past.

We start dove hunting on Sept 1 and chase birds all season long ending with turkeys on Memorial Day weekend - after that I get after the little scuffs with some rubbing compound and polish and call it good.

If you want a rig that doesn't show every little nick or scratch, white is your color.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Please Help!

&

Go with the sport 22s if u get the truck. Those wheels are super nice compared to the other oem wheels, and tire size u can go up to a 33 m/t tire on stock suspension, or keep the street tire

Attachments

• 20181127_111124.jpg
    20181127_111124.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 186
U

User_18177

761cd6423ea667bb982a30f4e30a97e1.jpg

ec41d98c3a16e5bf65d83aeb163a1347.jpg

My new 2019 replaced my 2017 Crew Sport.
Debadged the doors and tailgate, Plasti-sprayed the Hemi hood emblems and the RAM grill lettering.
Maybe will remove the black vinyl on the B pillars when it gets warmer.
What tires are you sporting here? They look very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread