5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie seats in a Bighorn

Grey03svt

Reaction score
Looking to put a donor trucks Laramie front ventilated seats in my Bighorn. Are they plug and play? I have heated seats and only driver power seat. Will I gain the function of a power passenger seat with the factory wire harness? Will my seat wire harnesses have the plug for the ventilated seat function? Main reason for this is the ventilated seats and the leather.

I've been researching the AlfaOBD stuff and looks like I can add that button feature to my 12in screen.

Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

saturn298

Reaction score
The extra plugs should be under the seats/under the carpet still. My 4th gen was that way. Youd need to turn that feature on by having the dealer program it or use Alfaobd.

Rich51

Reaction score
I am looking to do the same, where did you find the loaner truck for the seats?

Rich51

Reaction score
Ive found a few locally in the junkyards. But they want an arm and a leg for the seats and none were black leather (n)
OK thanks. I looked on copart to even see about going that route but seems a little expensive. I may just go with the katzkin cover.

Grey03svt

Reaction score
I am looking to do the same, where did you find the loaner truck for the seats?
I found a set online from a salvage dealer In Michigan. I used car-part.com to look for them. Got the full set with blown side airbags for $925.

Khrissicks

Reaction score
I found a set online from a salvage dealer In Michigan. I used car-part.com to look for them. Got the full set with blown side airbags for $925.
Did you end up installing them? I'm curious about the wiring for the heated rear seats.

Grey03svt

Reaction score
Did you end up installing them? I'm curious about the wiring for the heated rear seats.
I did put them in. Fromt seats only though. Whiteinh harnesses plug right in. Rear seat were from a quad cab so I could not put them in my crew cab. They did not have heated seats either. I do not think the wiring is there in the Bighorn for rear heated heats. But I could be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread