5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Rear Heated and Vented Seats

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new 2021 Laramie. It appears to have the level one group on it. So I have front heated and ventilated seats. The back seats in the crew cab look exactly like the front with the holes in them. Does anyone know if the laramies comes pre-wired for the back seats with heat/ventilation? I can see on the center console I have the knockout buttons for it. I've gone through a lot of threads but it seems like I couldn't find one that could definitely confirm it or not without tearing my seats apart. First time RAM owner and loving the truck.

Nick57

Reaction score
I have a Laramie lvl 2 group. My back seats are heated but not ventilated. Check in the back for the buttons. I know they can come without the heated part on the lvl 1's. You can check your window sticker as well to see if it has the rear heated seats. :)

Reaction score
I have a Laramie lvl 2 group. My back seats are heated but not ventilated. Check in the back for the buttons. I know they can come without the heated part on the lvl 1's. You can check your window sticker as well to see if it has the rear heated seats. :)
Thanks for the reply. It definitely doesn't have rear heated seats right now. I was looking at adding the components but I don't want to go through a whole bunch of wiring and all that other stuff. So I was hoping someone would know if they are pre-wired I just have to buy the modules, switches etc

Nick57

Reaction score
I would check to see if wiring is run to the seat. If it is then all you need would be the switches and then flash the comp to make them work. If no wires at the seats then you would need a bunch of stuff most likely. :)

Reaction score
I would check to see if wiring is run to the seat. If it is then all you need would be the switches and then flash the comp to make them work. If no wires at the seats then you would need a bunch of stuff most likely. :)
Thanks. I'll probably try to unzip the bottom of the seats and see if there's any wiring. Just flipping the seats forward and flipping them up I don't see any wiring that's standing out other than what looks like some may be cable wires in the back. PXL_20210817_221847926.jpg PXL_20210817_221922432.jpg PXL_20210817_221912455.jpg PXL_20210817_221820256.jpg PXL_20210817_221837854.jpg

Last edited:

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new 2021 Laramie. It appears to have the level one group on it. So I have front heated and ventilated seats. The back seats in the crew cab look exactly like the front with the holes in them. Does anyone know if the laramies comes pre-wired for the back seats with heat/ventilation? I can see on the center console I have the knockout buttons for it. I've gone through a lot of threads but it seems like I couldn't find one that could definitely confirm it or not without tearing my seats apart. First time RAM owner and loving the truck.

I have a 2021 Laramie Level 1 truck. No heated back seats. If you want to check everything your truck came with, here is a link. Just put your VIN behind the equals sign.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score

I have a 2021 Laramie Level 1 truck. No heated back seats. If you want to check everything your truck came with, here is a link. Just put your VIN behind the equals sign.

And this will give you your window sticker.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have no idea if the wiring is there, but I suspect that if it is it would be under the carpet or behind the rear wall cover.

For those that aren't sure, Laramie Equipment Group B is required to get heated rear seats for 2021 Laramie's.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no idea if the wiring is there, but I suspect that if it is it would be under the carpet or behind the rear wall cover.

For those that aren't sure, Laramie Equipment Group B is required to get heated rear seats for 2021 Laramie's.
Yep. Here's a pic of the wires for my heated rear seats. You could pull up your carpet and see if the wires are there.
20210817_151437.jpg

Daverous

Reaction score
I pulled apart the back in mine for this and to install sound deadening. I had no harness so stopped the project. It actually feeds up out of the door seal channel main harness if it's equipped on your truck.

I don't suspect it would be wildly difficult having inspected a heated and cooled rear seat. Adding the buttons and center console harness and associated bcm programing is dead simple and I did do that. If you're lucky and the body harness is there it'd be a cake walk, like the front. I bought the full set from a limited for my vented front conversion. It just wasn't worth the effort for me with a kids seat in the back for the next 6 plus years. There's another thread where I detail some of it but can't recall the title.

Reactions: c3k
Reaction score
I pulled apart the back in mine for this and to install sound deadening. I had no harness so stopped the project. It actually feeds up out of the door seal channel main harness if it's equipped on your truck.

I don't suspect it would be wildly difficult having inspected a heated and cooled rear seat. Adding the buttons and center console harness and associated bcm programing is dead simple and I did do that. If you're lucky and the body harness is there it'd be a cake walk, like the front. I bought the full set from a limited for my vented front conversion. It just wasn't worth the effort for me with a kids seat in the back for the next 6 plus years. There's another thread where I detail some of it but can't recall the title.
I will check around the door seal panel as well. Right now it isn't look promising but I hope to see wires. I will search for your other thread as well.

Reaction score
Just an update for those interested. I felt around under the carpet beneath the back seats. I found these two wires. The gray/white connector was in the back passenger side and the black and white one was in the back driver side. Look like from above the gray/white could be the heated seats any thoughts on the other? Could that be the heated seat for the other side? PXL_20210820_161919416.jpg PXL_20210820_161845832.jpg

Daverous

Reaction score
The seats wouldn't be equipped with the correct module, wiring, and heating pads. It's a totally different set of part numbers. Huge score having those harnesses there!
Easiest way would be to buy a complete rear set and dropping them in. Having pulled the covers and harnesses from the rear is a bit annoying. Then you'd have to source all the parts to install. Might be cost effective, might not, haven't priced it in about a year.
For the center console buttons you can buy the complete oem harness for around 75 bucks new and its plug and play. You can also add in wireless charging and what not at the same time if you're so inclined. There are a ton of variations in that harness for options. I'd suggest a quick Vin search on a parts page using a Vin with the options you want. Switches are also pretty cheap.
A little alfaobd magic and you'll be in business.

Reaction score
The seats wouldn't be equipped with the correct module, wiring, and heating pads. It's a totally different set of part numbers. Huge score having those harnesses there!
Easiest way would be to buy a complete rear set and dropping them in. Having pulled the covers and harnesses from the rear is a bit annoying. Then you'd have to source all the parts to install. Might be cost effective, might not, haven't priced it in about a year.
For the center console buttons you can buy the complete oem harness for around 75 bucks new and its plug and play. You can also add in wireless charging and what not at the same time if you're so inclined. There are a ton of variations in that harness for options. I'd suggest a quick Vin search on a parts page using a Vin with the options you want. Switches are also pretty cheap.
A little alfaobd magic and you'll be in business.
Thanks for the additional info. I will do a VIN search on the Laramie with rear-headed seats to try to see what wiring diagrams they have. That's a good idea. I'm hoping once I price it all out it's cost effective.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a Laramie and would be interested in seeing what's involved in adding heated/cooled rear seats.

Pix are always appreciated. ;)

Nick57

Reaction score
My truck has the heated rear seats that recline. They are not ventilated though. I'm not sure if you could get the rears in the Laramie to be vented as well. But anyways here's my VIN so you can look up the wiring for it... 1C6SRFJT8MN702738

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
My truck has the heated rear seats that recline. They are not ventilated though. I'm not sure if you could get the rears in the Laramie to be vented as well. But anyways here's my VIN so you can look up the wiring for it... 1C6SRFJT8MN702738
Same here. Rear heated seats but not ventilated. That's what with the Laramie Level B group.

Users who are viewing this thread