5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie ORP or Rebel

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m living with the OEM Goodyears until they dry rot (that's more likely than wear out lol) but will consider the Nexans you mentioned at replacement time.

The Eagles might go out of round just from not moving.., I did feel a “flat spot” issue last month when we took a trip.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Looks like the build below is around 20% off MSRP. It's just missing the ORG option. I was sold on the Rebel, but can't find a deal on them. $49,969 before TTL. Extremely tempting. If I went this option I think I'd add Bilstein 5100s, lift the front up just a little because I still want a small rake and remove those 22" wheels for some 18" wheels and 33" tires. In stock Rebels are around 17% off MSRP, but factory builds are still around 15% off.
1612730792678.png

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice, warning! If you try it you’ll buy it!!!
All I did was wash my 2011 to get trade in prices and ended buying my Rebel. Best truck I’ve ever owned.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Pop Quiz! If you get a limited night edition with ORG cheaper than a Rebel. What do you do, what do you do?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember driving my Grandfather's '76 Chevy pickup. It had an AC
outlet right below the Steering Wheel. It would blow some cold air
right up your shorts! Very refreshing.

Malodave

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pop Quiz! If you get a limited night edition with ORG cheaper than a Rebel. What do you do, what do you do?
Assuming it's a CC 4x4, it would depend on a few things, but one of the biggest for me would be not having chrome. And that's taken care of with the Night Edition. Another limiting factor is which engine each has. And weight is the final factor if I was planning to tow or haul anything with the truck since the Limited is one of if not the heaviest model of the Ram 1500 line-up. But I would seriously consider that myself.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Assuming it's a CC 4x4, it would depend on a few things, but one of the biggest for me would be not having chrome. And that's taken care of with the Night Edition. Another limiting factor is which engine each has. And weight is the final factor if I was planning to tow or haul anything with the truck since the Limited is one of if not the heaviest model of the Ram 1500 line-up. But I would seriously consider that myself.
Yeah my towing days are over. That's why I sold my 2500 CTD. There might be a time in the future that I tow a boat, but it would be like a bass tracker. All aluminum and light. I hate the chrome too on all these trucks. There was a time I really liked it, but not anymore. The thing that really is getting me is the small fuel tanks. I get that 26 gallon is standard, but why not upgrade to the 33 gallon. The really shocking thing is these trucks that optioned for a 23 gallon tank. Why would you do that?

ClancyO

Reaction score
My Laramie sport/org has no chrome except for the random badges. Plus rebel hood..

Edit: I see the sticker lists the sport hood on the night edition too - so yeah, do it!!!

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
My Laramie sport/org has no chrome except for the random badges. Plus rebel hood..

Edit: I see the sticker lists the sport hood on the night edition too - so yeah, do it!!!
So what I just noticed now was the Laramie and Limited have color matched bumpers with the night edition. The Rebel has them all black which is what I like.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score

How do you like those 20" wheels? Do you drive dirt roads at all?

ClancyO

Reaction score
Desert dirt/rocks, dirt roads, parking lots. Nothing seriously off road yet, and honestly don’t know if I ever will. I don’t like the idea of off-roading my daily, $50k rig, I’d rather wail on something cheaper. You do give up approach angle with the Laramie (pretty sure that was covered above). I do like the 20x9 premium wheels. Easy to clean and keep clean, and, for me at least, the right amount of bling. I’ve debated spacers to push them out flush, but I don’t want to compromise my towing ability, at least not while I still own a car hauler..

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Desert dirt/rocks, dirt roads, parking lots. Nothing seriously off road yet, and honestly don’t know if I ever will. I don’t like the idea of off-roading my daily, $50k rig, I’d rather wail on something cheaper. You do give up approach angle with the Laramie (pretty sure that was covered above). I do like the 20x9 premium wheels. Easy to clean and keep clean, and, for me at least, the right amount of bling. I’ve debated spacers to push them out flush, but I don’t want to compromise my towing ability, at least not while I still own a car hauler..
Yeah I don’t do any serious off roading. Just dirt roads when hunting and camping. This truck I don’t want to do anything aftermarket this time. I want to leave it stock as much as possible.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My Laramie has the ORG and 20 inch tires. I've had it on dirt and gravel roads quite a few times and it does great on those roads. Even wash-boarded gravel roads. I don't think you'd have any issues with 20's if you're gonna use your truck the same way. Wheel size didn't influence my decision in any way. It's one of the easiest things to change if you decide later to do some more serious off-road playing.

bman77

Reaction score
Congrats! The Rebel won't disappoint although I might be a little biased.

supersrt423

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! I'm new to the forum. Just sold my Ram 2500 CTD and moving to the 1500. Looking at possibly ordering a new Laramie or Rebel. Was looking for a little bit of guidance from all of you that have experience with the 1500s. I've always wanted the pearl white Laramie, night edition with ORP. The one thing I don't like about that set up is the night edition gives you 22" wheels, but when you add ORP they drop to 20" wheels. I'd rather have 18" wheels as I'm off road a lot when hunting and camping, which is what brought the Rebel in as an option. Only thing with the Rebel that I don't get from what I can see is the Pearl White. I've seen a few Laramies on the road with the night edition package and they seem to sit low, which coming from my 2500 I'm not a fan of. I've put a few builds together and the Rebel comes out a few thousand more. Anyone have any insight or opinions? Also if I add the ORP to the Laramie does that come with a lift on the front? It doesn't say on the website.
I have a 2019 rebel with the large touchscreen and upgraded leather seats and I absolutely love it. I put. 6” zone lift on it last year and more recently rhino lined the bed and put a borla atak cat back exhaust on it. The Laramie s are beautiful as well and have more “ luxury” feel to them but I love my Rebel so I would vote REBEL 920D6A04-6969-4E49-A053-0D34D8D83A04.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread