5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie ORP or Rebel

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
They obviously were worth it for me since I based my decision on that LOL. Other people say they don't do much for them. We get 90-105 degree weather for about 6 weeks out of the year. But I use the ventilated seats most of the year, even in winter (although not as much). My biggest complaint about the 2017 Rebel I traded in for this Laramie was hot the seats felt, even on moderately warm days. A seat cover helped, but I was still uncomfortable. The ventilated seats completely eliminated that issue for me.

@PhillyPhan, since you had ventilated seats and they didn't do much for you, that's just one more reason to go with the Rebel.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been all over the place this week trying to figure out the perfect build for me, but not break the bank. This forum is extremely helpful.

traveller09

Reaction score
Sorry, where on the build list does it list the ventilated seats for a Laramie? I keep building different trucks and I dont see it spelled out. I am sure it is right in front of my face.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
I was also torn between the Larime and Rebel. I love the look of the Rebel, but will never really go off road. I also would like to get better gas mileage, so Larime is a better choice. Now for the wheels. I thought Limited had 22", Rebel had 18", and Larime had 20" unless ORG which then switched to 18". I prefer the 18" as well, so I have been considering the ORG. The 1" lift is not really a factor, unless it lowers my mileage. I am looking to get the Etorque with 3.21 to help with this. I currently have an '09 Dodge Ram 1500 with 30K miles. I don't drive it much because of the MPG. I have a Civic as my dailey driver, but want to get rid of it and the Dodge, get a new truck I will drive everyday.

KCViper

Reaction score
Are the ventilated seats worth that much? I'm in Texas and I've done without my whole life so I can't say one way or other. How much of a difference to do they make on a 100 degree day after the truck has baking in the sun shine all day?
I, too, live in Texas and have done without ventilated seats all my life....until last year when I got them on my 911. I'll never be without them again if at all possible and am hoping that they work well on my Laramie (on order). Just remember, they are called ventilated seats and not air conditioned seats for a reason. However, the Porsche one's work well in the hot Texas climate!

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I was going through all my pricing again and the MSRPs between the Rebel and Laramie I configured is only $90 more for the Laramie, but the Rebel comes out to be $2k more out the door. I know the Laramie has $500 more dollars in incentives, but they're also willing to take more off the invoice price for the Laramie than the Rebel. I'm pretty sold on the Rebel, but damn the Laramie is priced right where I can act now lol. Now I'm locked into big purchase syndrome!

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Right there with you PhillyPhan, but I'm going to try and hold out to order till May 1st... That will put delivery in July which should have a lot better incentives all the way around...

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Right there with you PhillyPhan, but I'm going to try and hold out to order till May 1st... That will put delivery in July which should have a lot better incentives all the way around...
Are you looking for the Rebel as well?

traveller09

Reaction score
Is July the anticipated month of the next round of big incentives? Does that align to last year?

ClancyO

Reaction score
I really liked the rebel too, but required a 6’4” bed, so Laramie ORP it was. Ventilated seats are 100% worth it.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is July the anticipated month of the next round of big incentives? Does that align to last year?
2019 was June for the super incentives, that's what I remember. Unsure about 2020. Approaching dementia means recent memory loss (2020) but can remember farther back (2019)...

DivingOtter

Reaction score
PhillyPhan, I'm really leaning toward the Rebel 4x4 right now, but the wife is laughing at me every time I waffle. Heck, she laughs at me a lot anyways, but in this case she enjoys teasing me... I know I'll be giving up some possible incentives vs the Laramie and ventilated seats, but I'll probably keep the truck for the next 15 years or so I'm going to get EXACTLY what I want. You are absolutely right about the difference in the build costs and out the door costs though, but I like the look the of Rebel better and I'm going to be the one driving it everyday.

First, I don't NEED to buy a vehicle right NOW. A little more time means I can save a little bit more on the down payment and reduce my end payment. I figure that July is the start of the 3rd quarter and generally they SHOULD have better incentives because 2022's will start being advertised in a few months and they will start focusing on those. I might be wrong! That's the risk with a factory order, you don't know what incentives you are going to get till you actually get it.

So, I'm going to HUNT for the best price PRE-Incentives I can get between now and then, and whatever the incentives come in at are just bonus I don't have to finance. The only thing they might possibly change is whether I finance with the Dealership for a month or so, go 0% interest or finance through my local credit union (who will probably be the best rates in the end overall anyways whether I finance with them first or after a month or two.

Right now I'm still waffling over blue or white... kids and wife keep pushing for blue since we have a white van and a green car already.

It's possible that one of my existing vehicles may crater, in which case, guess who bites the bullet and gets the best deal off the lot he can find!

Last edited:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now for the wheels. I thought Limited had 22", Rebel had 18", and Larime had 20" unless ORG which then switched to 18". I prefer the 18" as well, so I have been considering the ORG.
Please allow me to correct a couple of things you posted there. The standard wheel size on the Limited is 20 inch. You can get 22 inch wheels with some of the upgrade packages. The Standard wheel size on the Laramie is 18 inch. The ORG on the Laramie gets you 20 inch wheels. I just wanted you to be aware that if you get a Laramie with the ORG you will not be getting the 18 inch wheels you prefer.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Please allow me to correct a couple of things you posted there. The standard wheel size on the Limited is 20 inch. You can get 22 inch wheels with some of the upgrade packages. The Standard wheel size on the Laramie is 18 inch. The ORG on the Laramie gets you 20 inch wheels. I just wanted you to be aware that if you get a Laramie with the ORG you will not be getting the 18 inch wheels you prefer.
PhillyPhan, I'm really leaning toward the Rebel 4x4 right now, but the wife is laughing at me every time I waffle. Heck, she laughs at me a lot anyways, but in this case she enjoys teasing me... I know I'll be giving up some possible incentives vs the Laramie and ventilated seats, but I'll probably keep the truck for the next 15 years or so I'm going to get EXACTLY what I want. You are absolutely right about the difference in the build costs and out the door costs though, but I like the look the of Rebel better and I'm going to be the one driving it everyday.

First, I don't NEED to buy a vehicle right NOW. A little more time means I can save a little bit more on the down payment and reduce my end payment. I figure that July is the start of the 3rd quarter and generally they SHOULD have better incentives because 2022's will start being advertised in a few months and they will start focusing on those. I might be wrong! That's the risk with a factory order, you don't know what incentives you are going to get till you actually get it.

So, I'm going to HUNT for the best price PRE-Incentives I can get between now and then, and whatever the incentives come in at are just bonus I don't have to finance. The only thing they might possibly change is whether I finance with the Dealership for a month or so, go 0% interest or finance through my local credit union (who will probably be the best rates in the end overall anyways whether I finance with them first or after a month or two.

Right now I'm still waffling over blue or white... kids and wife keep pushing for blue since we have a white van and a green car already.

It's possible that one of my existing vehicles may crater, in which case, guess who bites the bullet and gets the best deal off the lot he can find!
Yeah I was sold on the Rebel and still am other than the pricing compared to the Laramie. With the Rebel I get the 12" screen (I don't really care for that honestly) and my 18" wheels that I'm looking for. If I went with the Laramie I'd get the 3.21 gears, but switch the 20" wheels my build comes with for 18" wheels. The difference would be going from a 32" tire to a 33" tire. Wife and I are sold on the two-tone white with black and the night edition. Love the black accents against the white paint.

I'm also in a similar position. I don't need to buy now, it's more of a want. I'm just trying to find a dealer that will get to 7% off invoice for the Rebel. If I find one I'll let you know.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I bought in April 2019 and the dealer had a few (maybe 25%) of the Ltd's with 18's and the rest were 20's. I didn't want the 20's but they refused to trade me for the 18's and adjust the price down the $1600. Now its $2095 for the 22's over the standard 20's!

I do see the "cheapo" Ltd's that are 53-56K all have the 20's. I also noticed ETorque is only a $200 option. It was over a grand when I was buying so I skipped it...

Cysix

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! I'm new to the forum. Just sold my Ram 2500 CTD and moving to the 1500. Looking at possibly ordering a new Laramie or Rebel. Was looking for a little bit of guidance from all of you that have experience with the 1500s. I've always wanted the pearl white Laramie, night edition with ORP. The one thing I don't like about that set up is the night edition gives you 22" wheels, but when you add ORP they drop to 20" wheels. I'd rather have 18" wheels as I'm off road a lot when hunting and camping, which is what brought the Rebel in as an option. Only thing with the Rebel that I don't get from what I can see is the Pearl White. I've seen a few Laramies on the road with the night edition package and they seem to sit low, which coming from my 2500 I'm not a fan of. I've put a few builds together and the Rebel comes out a few thousand more. Anyone have any insight or opinions? Also if I add the ORP to the Laramie does that come with a lift on the front? It doesn't say on the website.
Went with the 2020 Rebel. Did a 9,000 mile road trip around the US with it, including a fair bit of off-road in AZ and Moab and am happy with my choice. Forced to forego vented seats and 360 camera, both of which would have been outstanding off-road in the desert and South-East summers... strange choice to leave them off the available option list FCA.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Went with the 2020 Rebel. Did a 9,000 mile road trip around the US with it, including a fair bit of off-road in AZ and Moab and am happy with my choice. Forced to forego vented seats and 360 camera, both of which would have been outstanding off-road in the desert and South-East summers... strange choice to leave them off the available option list FCA.
Put those on the new Rebel wants/annoyances thread..

Last edited by a moderator:

ClancyO

Reaction score
Fwiw, before I bought the 19 BH, I really wanted 18’s too. I figured lighter and cheaper to replace tires when the time came. However that truck came with the 20” clad wheels and nexans. I absolutely loved those tires (admittedly only ~8000 miles worth). That truck rode smooth, plush and consistent. And at least back East, those nexans were quite cheap to replace. In the end I was quite happy NOT to have gotten the 18’s. My neighbor here has a nice patriot blue bh with factory 18’s and they look small to me now after living with the ‘dub’ look for so long.. When it came to wheels and tires, my one requirement was that they NOT be Goodyears - I’ve never had a set last anywhere near the mileage claim, or manage to stay round for their short lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread