5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Cooled Seats Vs Limited

rgreener77

Reaction score
Just took home our new Limited on Friday and one thing we have noticed is the cooled seats are not nearly as cool as the seats were in our 19 Laramie. Anyone else notice a difference? Also, the MPG difference in the E torque has been negligible thus far

rgreener77

Reaction score
The ventilated seat fans are probably the same part # for both models. If your seats are darker, you might be dealing with that.
They are actually lighter or roughly the same color. Only difference it the perforation in the seats seems to be tighter on the limited, so maybe that's why not as much air is getting through. Honestly wonder if having rear cooled effects it any

mx1alex

Reaction score
It took me a good 15k miles for the mpg in my limited to get to where it should be. I have 3.92 rear axle ratio and I get over 19 pretty easy if I stay below. 70 mph.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just took home our new Limited on Friday and one thing we have noticed is the cooled seats are not nearly as cool as the seats were in our 19 Laramie. Anyone else notice a difference? Also, the MPG difference in the E torque has been negligible thus far
We own a 2020 Limited and a 2020 Laramie. Both have black interiors. I honestly don't notice any real difference between the two as far as the cooled seats go.
The Laramie has etorque, and it hasn't made any difference in the mileage. But it's really designed to help the mpg for city driving. It doesn't do anything to help with highway mileage, and that's what the majority of my driving is.

rgreener77

Reaction score
We own a 2020 Limited and a 2020 Laramie. Both have black interiors. I honestly don't notice any real difference between the two as far as the cooled seats go.
The Laramie has etorque, and it hasn't made any difference in the mileage. But it's really designed to help the mpg for city driving. It doesn't do anything to help with highway mileage, and that's what the majority of my driving is.
I've been watching the MPG around the city and agree, it seems to be much better in city, looked to be towing too. Having both, what should I grow to look more with the limited?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've been watching the MPG around the city and agree, it seems to be much better in city, looked to be towing too. Having both, what should I grow to look more with the limited?
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Given you own both, what do you like better about the Limited?
Lets see...there's not a lot. Interior - the interior uses higher quality leather, and a lot more of it. The steering wheel is topped with wood (or something similar to wood), and has a better feel to me. Which seems like a small detail, but since that's the most touched surface it makes a big difference for me. And I've swapped in a Longhorn steering wheel to the Laramie, so that's not an issue anymore. Exterior - The LED headlights on the Laramie are a huge improvement over 4th gen projectors, but the LED headlights on the Limited are even better. Our Limited has a few things our Laramie doesn't have (power side steps, MFT, 33 gallon fuel tank, air suspension), but those are all things that were options, and could have been ordered for the Laramie too. Like I said, there's not a lot that I like more about the Limited than the Laramie, which is why we have that combination instead of two Limiteds. The $15k price difference wasn't worth it for me to have better leather and headlights, and I'm happy primarily driving the Laramie. She had to have it all. You know the saying...happy wife happy life.

azzx

Reaction score
And I've swapped in a Longhorn steering wheel to the Laramie,
where did you buy the longhorn wheel from?
Cost?
was it do it yourself project?
I have seen some limited and long horn steering wheels on ebay.

thanks

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
where did you buy the longhorn wheel from?
Cost?
was it do it yourself project?
I have seen some limited and long horn steering wheels on ebay.

thanks
I bought if off ebay. $166. I did the swap myself. The only issue is I have black interior, and the wheel is black and dark brown. I swapped the black rear cover onto it so there is more black, but it looks a little bit off. I'd like to add some wood-grained vinyl to a couple of my dash sections to help blend the brown with the rest of the interior. But, even with that I'm extremely happy with it. Here's a pic...
Longhorn steering wheel installed (2).jpg

Kelan

Reaction score
I bought if off ebay. $166. I did the swap myself. The only issue is I have black interior, and the wheel is black and dark brown. I swapped the black rear cover onto it so there is more black, but it looks a little bit off. I'd like to add some wood-grained vinyl to a couple of my dash sections to help blend the brown with the rest of the interior. But, even with that I'm extremely happy with it. Here's a pic...

I apologize for getting off topic, but what did you like better about the Longhorn steering wheel vs the Laramie? Since it doesn't sound like it was for the color. Just curious as I haven't looked into the differences before.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For me, comfort is more important than looks. Just ask my girlfriend LOL. I like how the wood insert feels when I'm driving. The leather cover is better than the hard rubber steering wheels in the low trim level trucks, but there's something about the wood insert that makes driving just that much more pleasurable. Also, since I grip the top of the wheel at least 90% of the time, there is a much lower chance of the problems some people have seen with the leather deteriorating over time. I'll reinstall the original wheel when I sell or trade this truck in the future, and it will look like a new steering wheel.

rgreener77

Reaction score
For me, comfort is more important than looks. Just ask my girlfriend LOL. I like how the wood insert feels when I'm driving. The leather cover is better than the hard rubber steering wheels in the low trim level trucks, but there's something about the wood insert that makes driving just that much more pleasurable. Also, since I grip the top of the wheel at least 90% of the time, there is a much lower chance of the problems some people have seen with the leather deteriorating over time. I'll reinstall the original wheel when I sell or trade this truck in the future, and it will look like a new steering wheel.
funny it's all a preference thing, the wood like material on the steering is the one thing I've found that I really don't like so far. But mainly because it's about 8000 degrees after sitting in the sun.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
funny it's all a preference thing, the wood like material on the steering is the one thing I've found that I really don't like so far. But mainly because it's about 8000 degrees after sitting in the sun.
Window tint and a sun screen for the windshield take care of that problem rather nicely.
2020 Laramie no air dam front.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think they're great tires and use them year round. I haven't taken this truck off-road yet so I can't speak to that, but they are great in the winter conditions in my area. Mostly wet/heavy snow and slush. I'll replace them with the same tire when the time comes.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like those Wildpeaks? I just got new rims and went with those for tires.

The stock Wildpeaks A/T came with the car to me is quite and good for very lil' rain but if it is normal rain i'll get wheel spinning every time when i take off from stop, maybe i'm just heavy foot with the 3.92 gear.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The stock Wildpeaks A/T came with the car to me is quite and good for very lil' rain but if it is normal rain i'll get wheel spinning every time when i take off from stop, maybe i'm just heavy foot with the 3.92 gear.
I'm curious what other tires have you had on your truck? You can get wheel spin in the rain with pretty much any tire with these trucks. Even the EcoDiesel I used to own could easily spin the tires in the rain. Although to be fair, that had Goodyear SRA's, which are well-known to be crappy tires for any condition except bare dry pavement. And even their dry performance is debatable LOL.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you park, turn your wheels so the bottom of the steering wheel is up. I did that in Florida. Not really needing to do that up here I Michigan. The sun isn't nearly as intense.

Users who are viewing this thread