5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie blacked out version

Mrjayd

Reaction score
Correct. According to my dealer that steering wheel (late July build) is no longer in production. He didn’t know why, but my guess is there were problems with the over heating issue.
so what are they going to do? Tell them to put a Limited wheel on. :)

67 RT

Reaction score
so what are they going to do? Tell them to put a Limited wheel on. :)
Lol. I’m not a fan of the limited wheel. Hate the hard top. They have another one that is identical but it’s a different part number, apparently.

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
I have the blacked out Bighorn, and removed the '4x4 Off Road' decals that show in the picture below.

The next thing I need to do is to find a way to replace the factory chromed lug nuts with black lug nuts that will last and not rust after a year or two, and to find a way to blackout the mechanical keylocks on the drivers door and the RamBox lids.

I'm debating with myself about turning around the tires so the OWL lettering is hidden, and everything is blacked out.

View attachment 15241
So I am not the only one who has thought of remounting the tires black lettering out on a Black packaged 1500, thought it was my OCD getting the better of me. Not sure why they did not do that from the factory.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Lol. I’m not a fan of the limited wheel. Hate the hard top. They have another one that is identical but it’s a different part number, apparently.

I sat in a limited and found it very odd that the leather wrapped part of the steering wheel is toasty warm and the bottom part wrapped in some kind of wood or whatever is bone chilling cold

PHANTUMRAM

Reaction score
We've got a blacked out bighorn too very,very cool!I turn off the heated steering wheel off alot unless my hands are freezing lol

Rich

Reaction score
So I am not the only one who has thought of remounting the tires black lettering out on a Black packaged 1500, thought it was my OCD getting the better of me. Not sure why they did not do that from the factory.

Wait until you notice that the keyholes are shiny stainless steel, they stick out and will catch your eye. LOL

Jneally

Reaction score
nice. Did you change tires? How big of tires can we put on these with the air suspension?
I have 35" Nitto Tera Grapplers on it with Level. I don't have the air suspension. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread