5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie blacked out version

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Mine is on the way from another dealer 300 miles away, should be here late next week.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Yes. Outside of quality issues and eTorque issues, it’s pretty sweet.

Optioned smartly and with the higher trim discounts for Laramies, it’s quite a bit less than a limited.

If you’re going to check every single option off though, different story.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I wish mine looked that clean. What did you use on it?

67 RT

Reaction score
I have one too. See sig. Great except for the burned up steering wheel and the squealing brakes! It’s a looker and many people stop me and all my buddies with Fords and Chevys love it.

Mrjayd

Reaction score
I have one too. See sig. Great except for the burned up steering wheel and the squealing brakes! It’s a looker and many people stop me and all my buddies with Fords and Chevys love it.
Burned up steering wheel?

Rich

Reaction score
I have the blacked out Bighorn, and removed the '4x4 Off Road' decals that show in the picture below.

The next thing I need to do is to find a way to replace the factory chromed lug nuts with black lug nuts that will last and not rust after a year or two, and to find a way to blackout the mechanical keylocks on the drivers door and the RamBox lids.

I'm debating with myself about turning around the tires so the OWL lettering is hidden, and everything is blacked out.

2019010295130009.jpg

Last edited:

67 RT

Reaction score
Burned up steering wheel?
Yes. The heated steering wheel failed due to the plug burning up inside of it. They no longer make that version of steering wheel and my dealer is having a hard time finding the new one.

Mrjayd

Reaction score
Yes. The heated steering wheel failed due to the plug burning up inside of it. They no longer make that version of steering wheel and my dealer is having a hard time finding the new one.
Brand new model truck and they no longer make the steering wheel?

67 RT

Reaction score
Brand new model truck and they no longer make the steering wheel?
Correct. According to my dealer that steering wheel (late July build) is no longer in production. He didn’t know why, but my guess is there were problems with the over heating issue.

Users who are viewing this thread