5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie 2WD Sport, recommended setup for comfort?

highwaycruisin

Reaction score
Hey all, my grandfather is looking to be purchasing this 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 2WD Sport from a family member. I have driven the truck with him a few times, and his main complaint has been the suspension bottoming out over the smallest of bumps. We live in central Texas, and bumps are sadly extremely common and for the most part can not be avoided.

I was told this truck has aftermarket coil-overs, I have not been able to check the brand. What would be some good suggestions for the best suspension setups for comfort? This would be 90% highway cruiser with the occasional medium duty haul for work.

All of your suggestions are appreciated, thank you for reading.

A2CAECD8-070A-4EB3-ADEB-93F5F0D0FE5E.jpeg

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, my grandfather is looking to be purchasing this 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 2WD Sport from a family member. I have driven the truck with him a few times, and his main complaint has been the suspension bottoming out over the smallest of bumps. We live in central Texas, and bumps are sadly extremely common and for the most part can not be avoided.

I was told this truck has aftermarket coil-overs, I have not been able to check the brand. What would be some good suggestions for the best suspension setups for comfort? This would be 90% highway cruiser with the occasional medium duty haul for work.

All of your suggestions are appreciated, thank you for reading.

View attachment 112284

My 2021 Laramie, with ORG springs, shocks and OEM 255/65R20s is a smooth riding truck with plenty of capability for taking bumps.

Like @Idahoktm said, return it to stock (or ORG ;) ) and your grandfather will have a great riding truck.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That truck has a 4/2in drop on it. Remove it and I’ll take it off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread