5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane Keep/Assist keeps going off

Rupp

Reaction score
Guys,
I took my first trip in my new 2020 Ram Limited and within the first 30 miles on the Interstate my Lane Keep said "Lane departure detected" and then shut off. I turned it back on and during the two hour drive I got two other "Lane departure detected" messages and I was definitely in my lane each time. Of these warnings the Lane Keep turned off twice. Any ideas?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi @Rupp
We are sorry to hear about the concerns you are facing with this feature! We recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealer for a proper diagnosis. Of course, please send our team a private message prior to your appointment so that we may offer additional support!

Kathryn
RamCares

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get those from time to time
Usually tells me departure detected, place hands on wheel, etc... a few times before it turns off the feature

Mostly happens when it’s windy, and I’ve got left hand loosely on the wheel and the other holding my coffee.

Hardly ever see it if I drive with the right hand

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haven't seen that in our Limited, but then again I usually shut the nanny devices off when I drive. The wife says she hasn't seen that happen when she drives it. Sounds like something you should take up with the dealer.

Rupp

Reaction score
I wonder if it's because I only drive with one hand on the wheel and that is my left hand? I'll have to do some testing.

Smon

Reaction score
I have this happen every time I drive on highways here. Straight roads. Supper annoying.

my dealer will go with the “could not duplicate” without even looking at the truck

Users who are viewing this thread