5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lame question about fuel tank....

Rjhagner

Reaction score
I ran out of gas with my truck on a steep incline, nose down. After putting in 2 gallons it still won’t start. Do you think because it’s on the incline I need more gas in order to reach the engine supply hose?
Thanks

Rjhagner

Reaction score
Thanks guys....2 more gallons did the trick. But to Patsy1099, I tried to coast but was not able to have it stay in neutral ....truck kept locking me into “blinking Park”. Wasn’t sure what that was about....

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys....2 more gallons did the trick. But to Patsy1099, I tried to coast but was not able to have it stay in neutral ....truck kept locking me into “blinking Park”. Wasn’t sure what that was about....
I think that might be the safety lockout where you have to have the door closed or the seatbelt on.

Rjhagner

Reaction score
I think that might be the safety lockout where you have to have the door closed or the seatbelt on.
Interesting...thanks. Not sure what the door situation was, and for sure I didn’t have a seat belt on. I was too busy beating myself up over the situation ;)

Raydar

Reaction score
What was the level shown on your gauge, when you ran out? That's a little disconcerting. Even more so, that two gallons didn't help.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was the level shown on your gauge, when you ran out? That's a little disconcerting. Even more so, that two gallons didn't help.

It sounds like the fuel pickup is towards the back of the tank. Which is probably good. You wouldn't want to accelerate hard with a low fuel level and have all the fuel go to the back and away from the fuel pickup, possibly having it starve for fuel under hard acceleration. On the other hand, if you're hard on the brakes and the fuel goes to the front and away from the fuel pickup, well, you're on the brakes, so some fuel starvation wouldn't be as big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread