5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lake Havasu AZ TRX Owner

BuckTRX

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2022 TRX from Hemet CA Dodge Ram Dealership. Brandy Maynes is the best sales manager you will ever encounter and I highly recommend her and this dealership. 5 star service all the way around. Still breaking this beast in so I can't brag too much about it's capabilities yet, but we all know what's there and it's just a matter of time. Someone already asked me if I'll be taking it hunting or if I'm too scared to scratch it up. It will be taken on several hunting trips including my home state of Arizona then to Montana for an Elk trip in mid October and then crossing my fingers for a mule deer draw tag in Idaho in late October. Been driving a 2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.2 Duramax Diesel and it has been the most dependable truck I've ever owned. I have 200,000+ on it and the engine never fails me. The rest of the truck however has been beat up by the blistering Arizona heat. Kudos to Chevy on the quality of that truck. I hope my experience with the TRX quality is equally as good.

Attachments

• IMG_9817.jpg
    IMG_9817.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 42

BuckTRX

Reaction score
Thank you. So I've owned this truck for just a few days and of course I've learned what I like and dislike. The tonneau cover sucks IMO. I know a lot of you hate shells, but I'm looking for one. The ARE looks great and I've had Snug Tops before so that will be a consideration. Watching that tonneau flap in the wind behind me drives me crazy. It's just a matter of time before it shreds to pieces. The rest of the truck is a piece of artwork and I would love to show some great pictures when I have time. Right now I'm working on a few hours sleep so this is all I got.

Attachments

• IMG_9819.jpg
    IMG_9819.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9820.jpg
    IMG_9820.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9821.jpg
    IMG_9821.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9822.jpg
    IMG_9822.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 31

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! I don't think I've come across a TRX with a shell yet so I'd be interested to see pictures if you do add one. Nice truck by the way!

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Thank you. So I've owned this truck for just a few days and of course I've learned what I like and dislike. The tonneau cover sucks IMO. I know a lot of you hate shells, but I'm looking for one. The ARE looks great and I've had Snug Tops before so that will be a consideration. Watching that tonneau flap in the wind behind me drives me crazy. It's just a matter of time before it shreds to pieces. The rest of the truck is a piece of artwork and I would love to show some great pictures when I have time. Right now I'm working on a few hours sleep so this is all I got.
If you aren’t dead set on a shell and like ARE check out this ARE Fusion HARD tonneau. Paint matched to your truck. Had it for three years now. Secure and no water leaks. Love your T Rex !

Attachments

• 305480BB-BF0F-4DE4-AAD4-16A0E1589D53.jpeg
    305480BB-BF0F-4DE4-AAD4-16A0E1589D53.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 19
  • 197335A7-5C06-47ED-B8EA-5A54137E7959.jpeg
    197335A7-5C06-47ED-B8EA-5A54137E7959.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 18

VegasRob55

Reaction score
If you aren’t dead set on a shell and like ARE check out this ARE Fusion HARD tonneau. Paint matched to your truck. Had it for three years now. Secure and no water leaks. Love your T Rex !
Hey Bud, I live in Summerlin. How has the sun been on the paint, after three years of parking in your driveway? I park outside always as well.
Been going back and forth about buying this model for weeks. I love the look, but its $1300.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Hey Bud, I live in Summerlin. How has the sun been on the paint, after three years of parking in your driveway? I park outside always as well.
Been going back and forth about buying this model for weeks. I love the look, but its $1300.
It’s been 4 summers now 19,20,21 & 22. It is holding up as well as the rest of the truck which is excellent. It’s filthy now “I wash her about 4 times a year”but up close you can still see how good the clear coat has held up. I wouldn’t hesitate and that’s not a bad price. I’m pretty sure I payed $1200. Get a bed rug to go with it as that is what the inside of the cover is lined with. You’ll enjoy it. I got both from Real Truck. Others have said they will sometimes give you a break if you call.
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 10

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats. That’s a gorgeous TRX!

VegasRob55

Reaction score
It’s been 4 summers now 19,20,21 & 22. It is holding up as well as the rest of the truck which is excellent. It’s filthy now “I wash her about 4 times a year”but up close you can still see how good the clear coat has held up. I wouldn’t hesitate and that’s not a bad price. I’m pretty sure I payed $1200. Get a bed rug to go with it as that is what the inside of the cover is lined with. You’ll enjoy it. I got both from Real Truck. Others have said they will sometimes give you a break if you call.
Cheers
Wow, it still looks awesome! Thank you for the pics. I have the bed utility group with my Laramie, so it's all sprayed in and setup with rails & lighting from the factory.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Wow, it still looks awesome! Thank you for the pics. I have the bed utility group with my Laramie, so it's all sprayed in and setup with rails & lighting from the factory.
You bet, We’ll, if you decide to get it you won’t be sorry. The ARE comes with a battery operated Truck Hero LED light as well. If you pull the trigger on it post a picture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread