5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Koons/beware

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
Yeah absolutely garbage rates from Chrysler capital. I Have excellent credit and still tried to give me those thrash rates, went with my credit union instead.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
They are definitely double charging you for the destination...

Attachments

• ram.pdf
    90.8 KB · Views: 39

TVANVA

Reaction score
I would suggest you look at the "out the door" price rather than focus on the car buying world of murky/shady/sketchy practices of fees, rebates, and incentives. The most important question - Is Koon's final price better than you can get locally?

For me, they beat the snot out of any prices I found locally AND I got to order the exact Ram I wanted without compromises. Yes, there were fees and I had to run the finance manager gauntlet, but that is standard practice at every dealership I have ever purchased from. Koon's was very upfront on their pricing (fees were listed starting with the first quote I received), Chrysler financing was competitive ($1000 finance incentive beat any bank rate I could find), I just had to say no to upsizing my fries with the finance guy, and I was out the door in two hours, a happy camper.

You can drive yourself nuts with the details that in a few months after purchasing, you won't even remember. $799 fee for paperwork? Seems crazy, but do you have time to audit the dealer to see what the paperwork actually costs them? High finance rate? If you get an incentive for financing with Chrysler, now you have to back calculate what the rate actually is after the incentive discount.

Final price is what really matters.

Ram92131

Reaction score
They are definitely double charging you for the destination...
They aren’t double charging the destination, though it’s easy to conclude that. What they are doing is trying to show an artificially high dealer discount. They say “market value” as the selling price of the truck and make the gap between that price and MSRP appear $1695 bigger by adding back the freight charge further down the page. That’s why they don’t have a line item for “dealer discount” like they do for “factory incentive”.

I’d agree it’s a little shady. It seems like an unnecessary game to play but I guess if it didn’t work for them, they wouldn’t do it. Maybe they do it so that they can show “WOW” prices that are the lowest possible number on the internet, boosting their “low price leader” reputation.

Jared43758

Reaction score

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Auto sales tax is based off the original price, before rebates, incentives, etc.
Thats not quite correct, at least in Texas. My taxes were based on the negotiated vehicle price, including discounts and rebates (and not including any ‘extras’ such as the road hazard policy).

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats not quite correct, at least in Texas. My taxes were based on the negotiated vehicle price, including discounts and rebates (and not including any ‘extras’ such as the road hazard policy).
In New York State/City there is sales tax on rebates (8.875%).

Ram92131

Reaction score
In New York State/City there is sales tax on rebates (8.875%).
Same in California. That's 'blue' states for you... they need to soak every penny they can from you, comrade.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same in California. That's 'blue' states for you... they need to soak every penny they can from you, comrade.
"Comrade" Yes - Our mayor now running for El Presidente honeymooned in Cuba.
California - at least you got the weather.

U

User_3336

Depends on the state.

"Generally" rebates and incentives are deducted at the very end, meaning they are taken off the very bottom lines in a bill of sale, after all taxes have been added.

In TN, you only pay sales tax on your "final negotiated price" of the vehicle you are purchasing, for example.

Auto sales tax is based off the original price, before rebates, incentives, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread