5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kids highback booster that works in *middle* seat?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently bought a Chicco Kidfit highback booster, but it doesn’t fit in the Ram’s middle rear seat (2021 Laramie Crew Cab) due to the design (the Ram has a bulge at the base of the middle seat that prevents good contact between the back of the booster and the back of the Ram seat).

Can anyone recommend a highback booster seat that works well in the Ram *middle* seat?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• A57B3B7D-A6E7-490F-A8F7-86154C1E6380.jpeg
    A57B3B7D-A6E7-490F-A8F7-86154C1E6380.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 51

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Following as i'll be running into this soon lol.

fliptide

Reaction score
Does the carseat back have a reclined position? I have a similar Graco and it has an upright position (like pictured) and an reclined position. I don't have my Ram yet so can't see if it will fit in middle yet. Past vehicle I had to recline the carseat along with remove the headrest for it to sit correctly.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Not real specific help as my Little dude is 15 and hasn't needed a seat in several years but I had the then "new" version of the Britax all in one seat in my G8 and a belt positioning booster in my moms Durango. I am pretty sure IIRC both of those had enough curve on the back that they would work with the center seat hump.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Reclining seat back doesn’t seem to help unfortunately.

After playing with it more, I think the issue is not the hump at the base of the seat, but rather the non-removable middle headrest that is angled forward and pushes the highback seatback forward off the seat of the truck.

Really wish they made it removable like the outboard headrests.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reclining seat back doesn’t seem to help unfortunately.

After playing with it more, I think the issue is not the hump at the base of the seat, but rather the non-removable middle headrest that is angled forward and pushes the highback seatback forward off the seat of the truck.

Really wish they made it removable like the outboard headrests.
That makes sense - I have the same booster as you in the 2 outboard seats no issue but in our pacifica I had to remove the headrests like you mention for the same issue you are experiencing in the middle seat.

Users who are viewing this thread