5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyless entry : Proximity entry

Natune

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2023 1500 big horn level 2 night edition … is it possible to add Keyless entry : Proximity entry?

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2023 1500 level 2 nightshade … is it possible to add Keyless entry : Proximity entry?
Yes, it’s possible, and a very popular addition. It’s fairly cheap and easy to add:

Natune

Reaction score
Yes, it’s possible, and a very popular addition. It’s fairly cheap and easy to add:
I was appalled this is not an automatic function that is added at the factory. Thanks for the info

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was appalled this is not an automatic function that is added at the factory. Thanks for the info
I think it's only "standard" on Laramie and up.

1681767226885.png

Doesn't look like you can get it on a Bighorn from the factory, as it doesn't seem to be included in any package. Definitely odd

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it's only "standard" on Laramie and up.

View attachment 156773

Doesn't look like you can get it on a Bighorn from the factory, as it doesn't seem to be included in any package. Definitely odd
Always been that way even on the 4th Gens. If all those extra were available on the lower trims nobody would buy the upper trim levels which are the biggest profit makers.

I had proximity entry on my last two Laramie’s. Sometimes I miss it but not really that big of a deal otherwise I would have done the conversion by now.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Always been that way even on the 4th Gens. If all those extra were available on the lower trims nobody would buy the upper trim levels which are the biggest profit makers.
When I priced out my truck a year ago a Laramie and Limited with same options was within $500 in price.
Besides Tradesman if that even counts the Bighorn is an entry level trim.
Laramie, Rebel, Longhorn, Limited all can get the same options for the most part from what I can tell.

I would of assumed the Bighorn come with just a fob and akey with no push button start.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I priced out my truck a year ago a Laramie and Limited with same options was within $500 in price.
Laramie, Rebel, Longhorn, Limited all can get the same options for the most part from what I can tell.

I would of assumed the Bighorn come with just a fob and akey with no push button start.
I have push button start. I also have everything in my Bighorn my Laramie’s had except for proximity entry, ventilated cool seats, rain sense wipers and auto high beams. Most can be very easily added. My seats are upgraded leather/vinyl with cloth inserts. Every bit as nice as my Laramie’s ever had. Even the upper trim levels don’t have what’s considered “real” leather. It’s more a vinyl leather replica.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have push button start. I also have everything in my Bighorn my Laramie’s had except for proximity entry, ventilated cool seats, rain sense wipers and auto high beams. Most can be very easily added. My seats are upgraded leather/vinyl with cloth inserts. Every bit as nice as my Laramie’s ever had. Even the upper trim levels don’t have what’s considered “real” leather. It’s more a vinyl leather replica.
My Limited has real leather seats :)
No cloth on mine at all.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Dodge/Ram doesn't make a vehicle without push button start that I know of

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dodge/Ram doesn't make a vehicle without push button start that I know of
I know, not anymore.
I would expect proximity entry to be part of any car\truck if it has a push button start without needing to insert a key or fob, IE no reason to have a key, and in turn take it the fob out of your pocket. But alas it is not.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know, not anymore.
I would expect proximity entry to be part of any car\truck if it has a push button start without needing to insert a key or fob, IE no reason to have a key, and in turn take it the fob out of your pocket. But alas it is not.
I don't carry the excessively large fob in my pocket, so I never have to take it out. Clips to belt loop.

Users who are viewing this thread