5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs

phoneman

Reaction score
I have a 2021 3500 dually bighorn. Currently my remote is 4 buttons. I’ve been told I can add the tailgate release butting by just getting a new remote. Is that also the case for the box lowering button?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 3500 dually bighorn. Currently my remote is 4 buttons. I’ve been told I can add the tailgate release butting by just getting a new remote. Is that also the case for the box lowering button?
Yes, that is correct for adding remote tailgate release. Besides the fact you can’t use a DT fob on an HD truck, the air suspension on a DT operates completely different than the one on a 3500, so that button wouldn’t work anyway.

phoneman

Reaction score
I am not sure what DT means, however my radio does have the function for Bed Lowering. If I understand you correctly even though the truck seems to have that option I’m not able to add it to a new remote?

Users who are viewing this thread