5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key FOB protector leather case

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Hate to admit it, but this is one of the best dollar for dollar purchases I have made in a long time. Real leather, it feels nice, and it protects these stupidly expensive keys! Take away my man card, I'm smiling all the way to the bank... :)
Exactly, could not agree more.
And it's very cool and will compliment my longhorn perfectly.. mike drop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this is or the leather one, wonder if you can get it in another material.;)

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel responsible since I am the one who started all this nonsense. However, I never implied that having a keyfod case made you any less of a man. I just personally don't see the point of having one and I didn't realize that scratched key fobs was a real life issue. That is all.

Good day!
I don't think the scratch is as big a deal as it being broken. I plan on getting something similar to this (I prefer the rubber ones if they make them). I have virtually no feeling left in my fingertips and I broke several key fobs on my last truck by dropping them until I got one of those rubber covers. I see it more or less the same way as having a protective case on my cell phone, which I have also dropped a billion times but which isn't broken because of the case :)

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i've used silicone FOB covers, but was not a fan of how the cover did not slide easily in/out of my pocket.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Worked a customers car that had this cover for his Wrangler. It wasn't bad, but wasn't high quality either. I'll keep my keys naked for now.

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Just got mine and I absolutely love it.
Perfect compliment to my Longhorn and the interior

Mike drop!!!!!!!!
294a55775af71c2304783d1ebf1f1c0b.jpg
581f766e65a27c6a5826f6caf19afe57.jpg
a4f80cea86ee29badb5e915fe6ddb713.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hmskyles

Reaction score
my question for the guys who have these is, does it make it harder to accidentally press the buttons...I'm always setting off the panic or opening the tailgate with the keys in my pocket (either pants pocket or coat pocket) and need something to help alleviate that problem. I will say I don't care for the look but I'm biased toward function with this lol

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
my question for the guys who have these is, does it make it harder to accidentally press the buttons...I'm always setting off the panic or opening the tailgate with the keys in my pocket (either pants pocket or coat pocket) and need something to help alleviate that problem. I will say I don't care for the look but I'm biased toward function with this lol
I’ve never really had that problem that I know of to begin with so I’m not sure.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You sir, need to get out of those skinny jeans. Lucky dog!

No really, the fit of the cover is snug, but not so that the buttons are susceptible to being activated. I carry a micro leathermann in the same pocket as the FOB, and never have had any accidental buttons pushed.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy Christ, 56 comments for a leather key fob protector? Man, imagine how many there would be if you could get a “Ram” logo fanny pack to keep your leather covered fob in it.

i'm in, sign me up, mister. like a back pack embossed with our favorite truck logo to store the fanny pack too

Users who are viewing this thread