5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob programming

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can confirm the Autel 508s works to program keys on the newer 5th gens. Just programmed successfully 2 smart remotes with remote start to a 2023dt that came from the factory without remote start keys. Turned on the option using Alpa, programmed the after market keys and now have remote start and remote tail gate
All for the low price of $1000. Cost prohibitive for the casual user only working on their own vehicles, and not trying to use for a business

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought 2 fobs, from the link Jimm07 posted, and mailed them to Mark Dodge, where the new truck is waiting. Paid about $25, for each fob, with tail gate, and air ride, and they are programming both fobs, for $80. Truck will have 4 fobs when I pick it up Tuesday.
Edit: I had to pay $25 extra, because they had to get the code, that cost them the $25. Still cheaper than just buying from dealer, and I have 4 fobs.

Last edited:

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm the Autel 508s works to program keys on the newer 5th gens. Just programmed successfully 2 smart remotes with remote start to a 2023dt that came from the factory without remote start keys. Turned on the option using Alpa, programmed the after market keys and now have remote start and remote tail gate
yes the Autel tools are confirmed to work. the 508 and the KM100. The topdon ninja as well.

edit***
I will also confirm that I tried 2 different Launch X431 tools, and they did *not* work. This was on chrysler/dodge v37 software. confirmed with tech support it is not supported with those particular tools -or- would require a special subscription.

Last edited:

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also will note that I did make some can-bus logs while using Autel tools to read pin and learn fob, and sent the logs over to the J-scan developer. Said he would take a look.

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Tninja Pro + SGW bypass or bypass cable will work the same? I would assume so since the pro is supposed to be an "upgrade" to the 1000 but everyone knows what they say about assumptions......

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Tninja Pro + SGW bypass or bypass cable will work the same? I would assume so since the pro is supposed to be an "upgrade" to the 1000 but everyone knows what they say about assumptions......
no experience with the topdon tools, but have used the autel km100 several times and it pulls a pin and can add fob's easily

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
no experience with the topdon tools, but have used the autel km100 several times and it pulls a pin and can add fob's easily

I have watched several videos on the KM100, But in each video they are all using the Autel universal key, Do you know if it can program OEM fobiks or aftermarket knock offs?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have watched several videos on the KM100, But in each video they are all using the Autel universal key, Do you know if it can program OEM fobiks or aftermarket knock offs?
I'll confirm km100 can program oem, aftermarket knock offs, and autel universal keys

Puckstopper55

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any update from jscan users? I’m shocked this hasent been figured out yet, but I guess that’s the point.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any update from jscan users? I’m shocked this hasent been figured out yet, but I guess that’s the point.
It can actually do the process of programming a fob, but you need it to pull the PIN first. Have you (or any 5th gen 1500 owners) tried using JScan to pull the PIN lately to see if it’s successful?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It can actually do the process of programming a fob, but you need it to pull the PIN first. Have you (or any 5th gen 1500 owners) tried using JScan to pull the PIN lately to see if it’s successful?
If this works we should make some instructions for the jscan thread

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If this works we should make some instructions for the jscan thread
Try reading the PIN and let me know. I don’t have access to a DT ram. It definitely works on a Heavy Duty Ram.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
confirmed it works on 2500 and other Chrysler vehicles. still no go for a DT.
I msg'd developer on Facebook last week and he said they are close, but still working on it.

Puckstopper55

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d try it when I get my Mx+ and security cable tomorrow but I don’t wanna buy a license if it’s not gonna work.

ya3coub

Reaction score
I have the tninja 1000. It was on sale for 400 at key4.com when I bought it. It’s easy to use and now that I’ve done a few fobs for people I’d say it’s paid for itself
I got the T-Ninja Pro they said it's better, but it's just wast of money, I've also bought the optional T-darts they call it I have bought a knockoff and an oem key fobs.

none of them worked with the T-ninja pro, I wanted to do my car and make some money as well by doing it for the guys in such situation as the dealer here is asking more than $1000 for a keyfob.

Users who are viewing this thread