5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fob All Weird Suddenly

UnclJim

Reaction score
Went to use fob to open truck earlier it would lock when pressing unlockand do nothing pressing lock. But if i pressed lock twice tailgate would drop. Autostart worked perfect. I have the 4 button fob

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to use fob to open truck earlier it would lock when pressing unlockand do nothing pressing lock. But if i pressed lock twice tailgate would drop. Autostart worked perfect. I have the 4 button fob
Probably more the BCM in the truck being weird than the keyfob. Let the truck sit for a few hours with the key out of range and try again

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you recently swap to LED bulbs, or get a new garage door opener with LED lights? Both of these are known to cause problems with fob functionality.

UnclJim

Reaction score
Probably more the BCM in the truck being weird than the keyfob. Let the truck sit for a few hours with the key out of range and try again
Didn’t see your reply earlier for some reason. I’ll check again in the morning but as of resting for 15 hrs no change.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope it's warranted. They are big bucks!
I bought a $40 one of Amazon and had it programmed to my truck so I could have remote tailgate release button

Users who are viewing this thread