5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep on off road 2 after 45mph?

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2019 Limited with air suspension, I noticed that the maximum speed for off road 2 is 25mph then it switches to off road 1 and after 45mph it switches to normal, my question is.
Is there any way to avoid it to switch automatically?
Is there anyway I can ride using off road 2 height at 55mph?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not for sure, other than replacing the sensor links which you can search on.
I'm picking up my Limited with ORP and I'm going to try to get the service department to "undo" the 1" lift which is 100% programming. If they can do that then chances are they could add the 1" lift to a non-ORP truck that has air suspension.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
I'm picking up my Limited with ORP and I'm going to try to get the service department to "undo" the 1" lift which is 100% programming. If they can do that then chances are they could add the 1" lift to a non-ORP truck that has air suspension.
thanks for replying bro, sorry for my ignorance but what’s orp?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only other way to do it is once you get it to desired height is take the fuse out. That's what the guys do on the 4th generation. Only problem is the tires/alignment isn't turn when it's at that height.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They can definitely change the programming. Question is are they willing to do it.

@Agustinacosta The ride on OR2 is pretty stiff.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I ordered the ORP on my Longhorn, which I am waiting for....

Please pardon my lack of knowledge, but where exactly does the 1" lift come into pkay?

Is there a 1"lift added to all 5 ride heights, or does the 1" lift come into pkay in the highest, or fifth, setting?

Thanks.

Kramersp

Reaction score
ORP has 4 ride heights like the Rebel. The 1" lift is built into all but the entry/exit I believe.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ORP has 4 ride heights like the Rebel. The 1" lift is built into all but the entry/exit I believe.
This. I haven't measured, but I've read (somewhere) that the Entry/Exit mode actually drops 3" instead of 2" on trucks with the ORG, which is pretty cool. I know mine gets low. But in Aero, Normal, and Off Road, you're sitting roughly 1" higher than a truck without the ORG.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
This. I haven't measured, but I've read (somewhere) that the Entry/Exit mode actually drops 3" instead of 2" on trucks with the ORG, which is pretty cool. I know mine gets low. But in Aero, Normal, and Off Road, you're sitting roughly 1" higher than a truck without the ORG.
So you still have 4 ride heights plus an entry/exit mode for a total of 5 different heights? In addition the 4 ride heights are all one inch higher than a non-ORP truck? Wouldn't that defeat the fuel economy in the Aero mode, since you're higher than what is the most fuel efficient height for highway dtiving?

I thought they would have kept the highway ride height the same for Off Road Package trucks as well as non-Off Road Package trucks. Wow.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Entry/exit and OR are the same low and high heights in ORP as non-ORP. Both systems have 4" of total travel. ORP normal is non-ORP OR1. Aero is .6" lower than normal in both setups. On ORP you no longer have an OR2 so only 4 settings total.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Entry/exit and OR are the same low and high heights in ORP as non-ORP. Both systems have 4" of total travel. ORP normal is non-ORP OR1. Aero is .6" lower than normal in both setups. On ORP you no longer have an OR2 so only 4 settings total.
Okay thanks for the explanation. I read the owners manual and it left me with the impression that only the Rebel had 4 settings. I was thinking that all other air suspensions had 5 settings, including trucks equipped with the off road package.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Here is an attached pdf file that I found which states what heights the ORP has on the RAM 1500 as well as many other specs on the vehicle. I do believe it is an FCA media document. Hopefully I am not repeating what someone else may have posted already. I did a quick look but didnt see it posted here yet.

Attachments

• 2019_Ram_1500_-_Engineering.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 26

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the explanation. I read the owners manual and it left me with the impression that only the Rebel had 4 settings. I was thinking that all other air suspensions had 5 settings, including trucks equipped with the off road package.
I have 5 settings
Entry
Aero
Normal
Off road 1
Off road 2

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The owner’s manual is incorrect. I have the ORG and air suspension, and I have only one Off Road mode as a result. @Edwards provided the correct info above.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
The owner’s manual is incorrect. I have the ORG and air suspension, and I have only one Off Road mode as a result. @Edwards provided the correct info above.
So does the system still have 5 lights by the switch and only 4 are functional? Or does the number of lights get decreased to 4?

I wish I could have gotten more information on these packages before ordering... I still would have ordered it through... The information is very difficult to obtain. If it weren't for all of you on this forum, I would have been surprised when I take delivery and found only 4 levels.

Thanks!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still has 5 but if you try to lift from OR, the fifth light will blink and the dash will say "not permitted" then the fifth light will go out. Exact same behavior as when you try to lower from Entry/Exit. They use the exact same dash parts, it's just a computer program change reassigning the levels from 5 to 4 with new heights.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Still has 5 but if you try to lift from OR, the fifth light will blink and the dash will say "not permitted" then the fifth light will go out. Exact same behavior as when you try to lower from Entry/Exit. They use the exact same dash parts, it's just a computer program change reassigning the levels from 5 to 4 with new heights.
Got it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread