5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katzkin durability and fitment questions

TVANVA

Reaction score
Man,

Sometimes I wonder if I should had saved some money and got a BigHorn and installed this for the leather. I have a feeling it would come out better, and save me close to $15,000

The only thing I wish they had was heated/cooled front/rear seats that could function on the big horn trim.

That's basically what I did. I bought a Big Horn instead of a Laramie, and the extra Ram incentives/rebates on the Big Horn paid for many of my enhancements. Plus I got to pick my leather colors that fit the Blue Streak. The drawback was I sacrificed that awesome Sport hood. Sniff Sniff.

6pac78

Reaction score
I got my 2019 dodge with katzkin leather and seat heats . Very happy really makes the truck look nice
4defa929d3e3b910b52072e8a87a9e08.jpg
2cf09fe686388bf1b27bab519e430af0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LM42

Reaction score
Not to revive too old of a thread, but I am curious about this also. Mostly because I would like some color inside my truck. But the kits like the blue one above run about $1800 installed but you can get the black leather with the Ram logo through the dealer closer to $1300. I wonder if there is any difference in the leather quality, or is this just a cross promotional deal that allows the Ram stuff to be done so much less expensive. Either kit looks great and I would love to do this.

Firebird

Reaction score
So far, I'm very pleased with mine, fit is superb, and showing no signs of wear.

Screenshot_20200422-151630_Gallery.jpg

TVANVA

Reaction score
That is a good question about the quality level at the difference price points.

If memory serves, Katzkin offers a couple "levels" that correspond to how much of the seat is covered in real leather. The higher level with more leather is called "Upgraded Content".

Note that this info is difficult to find on the Katzkin Site but you can configure a custom Katzkin kit on a Site like autoseatskins.com and see all the details.

Just the prices you listed don't tell us what that coverage is, but for sure, you would want something written in the quote to specifically spell out the leather coverage for the given price.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think there are some "stock" kits that they build ahead and offer for a lower price (like the ones I bought on eBay), then there are the full custom kits that cost significantly more (but you get exactly what you want). I expect the Mopar versions are the stock kit variety as they don't show any sign of the custom features (different insert colors, piping, contrast stitching, etc.).

FYI - A year in and my Katzkin is showing no wear and no wrinkles. It took about a month after I installed it for the warmth of the sun to smooth everything out.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
My step dad had these installed on his Bighorn. He said when he was sweaty from the Georgia heat it turned like a white residue. It easily comes off but is there something that is recommended to protect the leather and maybe keep this from happening? They are really nice seats compared to the cloth.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
LEXOL is great stuff and a pioneer in leather cleaning and conditioners.

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
I put the Outlaw in my 2014 Bighorn and prefer the Katskin to my 2019 Larimie
Got them online and found a local installer
And was under 1000 for everything
If you are in Colorado let me know as i have his contact information somewhere
Hi man im.in Colorado can u pass me info on Katzkin installer

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
LEXOL is great stuff and a pioneer in leather cleaning and conditioners.

I like lexol but dig Adam's polishes leather cobditioner....leather masters and of course leatherique

Axe

Reaction score
So if I already have the factory heated seats those would still work after I had the Katzkins installed, correct?

Alptbird

Reaction score
So if I already have the factory heated seats those would still work after I had the Katzkins installed, correct?
yes sir. they make the covers with all that in mind. they will ask perticulars about your seats before they make your cover set for that reason. they may take padding out put extra in perforated leather all based on what you have. A cover for a factory leather seat from Katzkins is different than one for a cloth due to padding and fit.

I have bee hemming and ha'ing about getting this done in my truck. I have had several trucks with Katzkins in them and they have all held up well and been super easy for me to install myself, but the cloth seat covers on these Ram DT are an amazing step up from trucks in the past, and i am having a hard time deciding.

Reactions: Axe

GuardaFango

Reaction score
Has anyone gone with a dark brown leather interior? Similar to this? Clearly not a Ram, but the concept of the brown leather seats.

Looking to pick up a Ram at the end of the year, but debating if to get the cloth seats and center console to save on the package and go the Katzkin route.

1602036765288.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had that beautiful brown in my last Audi...it looks classy and is a nice change from black IMPO. Katzkin is a very nice product and you will be very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread