5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kate is selling her Chevy Truck

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Competition is a great thing. Interesting to see if GM on the receiving end like they did Ford with aluminum vs steel.

They got to be careful however. Sometimes attack ads make people think you are desperate, especially if they didn't quite make sense like GM's anti-Ford aluminum ads.

Since that Chevy ad came out attacking Ford, Chevy only lost market share. Like it actually went against them.

However, these ads don't quite go that far, which is probably just the right amount to do it right.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They got to be careful however. Sometimes attack ads make people think you are desperate, especially if they didn't quite make sense like GM's anti-Ford aluminum ads.

Since that Chevy ad came out attacking Ford, Chevy only lost market share. Like it actually went against them.

However, these ads don't quite go that far, which is probably just the right amount to do it right.
Gotta love the backhanded compliments to other brands in these ads.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t think that has anything to do with GM sales. At all.

GM sales are down because they were selling a lesser truck for the same or more money and a lot of folks do not like the new 2019. There really hasn’t been a reason to buy a GM half ton for the past few years, and now that they have something that is “competitive”, it’s visuals are questionable at best.

Even people who like them tend to only like one variant, like the AT4 package or trail boss models. At least that’s what I’ve seen...

ddharris

Reaction score
I traded in my 2018 Silverado for two reasons .
1. The seats for me were horrible and getting worse. Narrow and hard.
2. It rode like a boat with unbelievable pitch over larger bumps.
I could have lived with number 2 but number 1 was killing me.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gotta love the backhanded compliments to other brands in these ads.

Yup, GM has a history of it backfiring, even before their anti-aluminum ads.

A few years before, they had one with Howie Long making fun of the heated steering wheel & Ford tailgate step. Turns out, it helped people realize those were options on RAMs and Fords and people bought more of them because of it!

Notice has GM has stopped doing those ads for the new Silverado. Instead focusing on history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online