5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just trying to have some fun

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
So my step dad and I both have RAM's, mine's 20 Limited, his 20 Rebel. Up here in Ontario close to Toronto. They live in a detached house with double driveway, it's winter, he's meticulous at maintaining his lawn and snow/ice duties... Calls me one day and says he woke up and his truck was basically in the middle of the road instead of on the driveway.

He puts it in 4WD now before he parks it during ice/snow conditions :ROFLMAO:

But ya, for me grew up driving real wheel but damn when the Limited is in 2 wheel it does have a tough time maintaining traction in the right (or wrong) conditions up here.

Other than that I got no issues with the name pavement princess, that's exactly what it is lol There's a swiffer in the glove compartment to keep the dust off the dash!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever consider 4x4 isnt only for offroad?

4wd is useful for more things than just going "muddin", if you live anywhere that gets snow its pretty much a necessity.

I find amusement when people always get angry at people lowering their 4x4 trucks.
This is me. I don't do any off-roading but sometimes the construction sites I take my truck to are like going offroad, and you'd be stuck for sure with a 2WD. Being in the mountains, any snow makes a 2WD truck virtually useless. So those are the two main reasons for 4WD around here. You can't hardly sell a 2WD truck around here.

When I first moved here all I had was RWD trucks. Even with a bunch of weight in the back and snow tires they were turds here in the mountains. About 28 years ago I finally got sick of walking home from the cemetery - there's a bunch of steep hills you have to climb to get to my house, and my RWD could make the first one but didn't have enough momentum to get any further, so I'd have to roll backwards into the cemetery and walk home about 1/2 a mile - so I finally bought a 4WD and never looked back, and also never walked home from work again :ROFLMAO:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you feel 4x4 is a necessity in the snow, you should stay away from places it snows. Grew up in Midwest and never owned a 4wd vehicle until a few years ago. I bought an AWD Magnum R/T that I sold to buy my Built to Serve.

Congrats to you. I had a transam in highshool/college In northern pa with mountains. I know all about having a 2wd in the snow

Owning a 2wd truck in the north is absolutely asinine.

It’s much easier to get a 4x4 than it is to mess around with snow tires every year. Plus having to deal with adding weight to the bed of a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hasti17

Reaction score
^ this. Living in the NE, 4x4 is necessary every winter to get around all the cars that collect at the bottom of nearly every snow covered hill on my commute. If it's really bad I'm able to stick to the unplowed back roads in hopes of avoiding all the road rage in the snow.
very much same, i live in upstate NY, a 2X4 up here is pretty much non existent. unless you just need a farm truck beater for moving feed or hay, a 2X4 is pretty much considered useless up here.

Users who are viewing this thread