5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just traded my '16 F150 (junk)

john l.

Reaction score
Picked up a Laramie Longhorn. I sat in one this summer w/ 12" screen and the fancy interior, it made my F150 look like chit.

Even at higher trims the F150 looks Mitsubishi plasticy! The new Silverado loos TOTALLY lame! I used to be a chevy guy (454 rad).

I got the etorque 5.7, anxious to see how it performs compared to the 2.7 and 3.5 turbo Fords.

I will concede that the Laramie Longhorn is a bit over the top with it's country western theme, I though the Limited black looked too dark.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Have you had both the 2.7 and 3.5 ecoboosts? If so, how long and what were your experiences with each? Look forward to your feedback and how the Ram compares to recent Ford offerings.

john l.

Reaction score
My F150 was a 2.7 and it made good power. It never sounded good when running weak, wheezy- especially when idling. I put 27500mi on in 2- years of ownership. I was pretty fast when you put your foot into it. The '16 Fords have the 6-speed auto, newer ones have the GM/ Ford 10 speed.

In comparrison, the 5.7 Hemi sounds glorious w/ dual exhaust. The Hemi seems like a gas guzzler comared to the 2.7 Ford turbo, my dash readout says 13MPG. However it only has 300 miles on it. The Ford was an average of about 19.5MPG.

Maybe the 3.5 Ford is the best truck motor and the ZF (zeppelin maaaan) 8sp is the best trans. The styling on the RAM smokes ALL other trucks to date. I've driven the Nissan, Ford and Mopar. The Chevy is butt ugly and Toyota is ugly and thirsty- havent (won't) driven them.

I pull a 4500lb boat and a 2000lb alm trailer occasionally. Like many I do not even come close to using a 1/2 ton at it's limits.

I love fighting about brands. It's all pretty silly, although I know there are places where one could get stabbed for calling a Ford or chevy junk.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to Ram. I had a '14 F150 3.5 and a '16 2.7. Enjoyed them both but the Ram is on another level!

Users who are viewing this thread