5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just swapped out my dash speakers for Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx....WOO_HOO!!

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for the pics! Chevelle looks nice in the garage as well! At least I think that's what it is looking at the back.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
My limited has the alpine system as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me three..... alpine in my limited. I’ll be changing the front 3 speakers soon. I’ve read nothing but good thing about doing it.

Backinblk

Reaction score
ya, I'm and old gear head, and know that you have to do more than add this thing for HP gains...but I am convinced that the PC will result in a little fun after reading all the posts here from those that did one....
It added fun and definitely fixes the throttle response.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
noooooooo!! don't tell me that! I have an OBD II scan tool, if I see codes they will be cleared, and that PC is coming right thanks for the heads up.out.
There have been a few people who complained about throwing a light after installing the PC. I didn't have any issues on my 4th gen for the nearly three years I had one installed. I have another brand of throttle controller on my 2020 Laramie. It's only been installed for a couple of weeks, but so far so good. As far as changing settings goes, you can do so while you are in motion, but you don't want to have your foot on the throttle while making the changes. It should go without saying to also not have your cruise control set either when changing settings.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Me three..... alpine in my limited. I’ll be changing the front 3 speakers soon. I’ve read nothing but good thing about doing it.
This is what I did. Split the cost with another member for the center speaker.
Great and easy upgrade and one of the best bangs-for-your-buck mods on these trucks.

jlfkb2

Reaction score
Nice post - did the speaker connection adapters COME WITH the speakers, or did you have to chop & crimp the factory ones (HATE chopping the factory stuff)?

Rick
Crutchfield sends adapters and vehicle specific instructions on just about all their products. With their tech support, it's worth an extra couple bucks over amazon.

spinxt

Reaction score
saw a few threads on this, so I went for it. I have the Alpine system in my 19 LTD...pretty happy with it stock, but WOW...the clarity now is awesome. Highly recommend. Easy job. Posted my step by step photos. If you can change a light bulb, you can do this. View attachment 48937 View attachment 48939 View attachment 48940 View attachment 48941 View attachment 48942 View attachment 48946 View attachment 48947 View attachment 48948 View attachment 48949
Did you have to cut the stock plug off the end and run short leads to the Infinity speakers ?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have to cut the stock plug off the end and run short leads to the Infinity speakers ?
No, it's simple plug n play. Easy peasy. Only part that might make you nervous is when you pry the speaker grills off. Just go slow, and as soon as you get one corner to pop up, you can just use your hand to pull it off. Start with a really small flathead screwdriver under one corner, it'll pop without breaking.

spinxt

Reaction score
No, it's simple plug n play. Easy peasy. Only part that might make you nervous is when you pry the speaker grills off. Just go slow, and as soon as you get one corner to pop up, you can just use your hand to pull it off. Start with a really small flathead screwdriver under one corner, it'll pop without breaking.
Not worried about the trim pieces...I have a whole trim removal toolkit. I just didn’t want to cut wires. I wonder if this upgrade would be just as good on the HK system ?

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
can i buy the adapters separate?? What are they specifically called?

I’m going to buy two sets of these. WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE ONE OF THE SPEAKERS FOR THE MIDDLE DASH? Split cost pay your portion of shipping. Let me know?

Crutchfield is sold out currently of these speakers.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
can i buy the adapters separate?? What are they specifically called?

I’m going to buy two sets of these. WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE ONE OF THE SPEAKERS FOR THE MIDDLE DASH? Split cost pay your portion of shipping. Let me know?

Crutchfield is sold out currently of these speakers.
Crutchfield has other buying options...Open Box or Scratch and Dent. They have low stock of these speakers in both buying options, and they cost a little less too. For anyone who doesn't want to wait till their projected date of availibility of 5/4/2020.

M Rob

Reaction score
You have an extra Infiniti 3032?? I just bought two sets but have free returns and shipping. Can send one back.

Well maybe. I literally ordered 2 sets about 2 hours after you. But .... I could buy your extra off you to replace the speakers in the rear headliner ....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You have an extra Infiniti 3032?? I just bought two sets but have free returns and shipping. Can send one back.

Well maybe. I literally ordered 2 sets about 2 hours after you. But .... I could buy your extra off you to replace the speakers in the rear headliner ....

Well I'll have an extra speaker after buying two sets as well. I thought you two were going to work out a deal so I bought two sets too. Mine are scratch and dent though, so they were $10 per set less. Maybe someone will hit me up and buy the other speaker for a reduced price LOL

Seadweller23

Reaction score
saw a few threads on this, so I went for it. I have the Alpine system in my 19 LTD...pretty happy with it stock, but WOW...the clarity now is awesome. Highly recommend. Easy job. Posted my step by step photos. If you can change a light bulb, you can do this. View attachment 48937 View attachment 48939 View attachment 48940 View attachment 48941 View attachment 48942 View attachment 48946 View attachment 48947 View attachment 48948 View attachment 48949
Dash speakers make a great difference!

Users who are viewing this thread