5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Months ago, my son bought a 2014 Mustang GT from a private seller for $21k with 21k miles. Two weeks later, he sold it to Carvana for $28,500. He heard from a friend that they were giving ridiculous prices for the cars, and they did. We spent less than 10 minutes signing the papers and handing over the keys. He was able to use the extra $$ to upgrade to a newer GT.

U

User_3336

I just submitted the paperwork to Vroom, we will see what happens. There is a statement that “offers and payments are subject to current market conditions” or something like that. Let’s see if they honor the offer. I can lease a 2021 Night Crew Hemi for $499 out of pocket and $499/ month for 36 months with $30K residual or a base V6 crew for $349/month. I will hang onto my weathertech mud flaps for a short time I guess. That way, I can pay for $4.00 per gallon gas Bills. I just flew out of Sacramento on business and it was $4.34/gallon. Might just find a cheap $10k-20K used something.
Run it thru Carvana and see if the offers are close.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carvana was roughly 6k less for me as well. Vroom offered 52k, Carvana 46k. MSRP was 59,900 Feb 2020.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Vroom guy just picked up my '21 Laramie 4x4 Southwest Edition. Paid $45k for it right before Christmas and they paid me $52500. Couldn't pass it up. Bought a 2004 Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 w/5.9 Cummins. Used values are insane right now!

Did you have a loan and how was that handled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToopaCent

Reaction score
I just need vroom to keep up the high offers for another month. My new build isn't done yet and I'm holding out to sell my '18 BH to them. Right now their offer has me about $10k in positive equity from a lease!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
They'll ask for the relevent loan information and handle it

Well y’all. I am waiting on two things and I hope the values hold but since this sub is growing I’m guessing we’ll flood the market with rams. I hope the values hold and I hope that I can get at least 44 for mine because this will allow me to either get into a TRX or a nice new Cummins or if Chevy gets their act together and they update the interior on the new dmax I might even go that route. Definitely want the TrX and it looks like it can decently tow sooooooo fingers crossed.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have a loan and how was that handled?

Sold a leased vehicle to Vroom recently. Buyout was $13,000 and I owed $1800 in lease payments. They offered me $16,500 for the vehicle and they basically paid me 16,500 minus the 13000+1800. 4 weeks later, Hyundai sent me a letter that the vehicle was paid off.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$55,600 for mine currently. I did trade in my 2019 bighorn for 40k and came out ahead of what I bought it for. Thankfully this was before new truck prices started climbing so I got a good trade in price and a good price on my current truck.

Users who are viewing this thread