5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just picked up a 2022! I have a etorque question.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In late August I looked for 3 days at 5 major citys within 600 miles for the 2021 truck I needed, not wanted. I found no less than 10 trucks I would have purchase but all were E-torque. No Way !!!! Ram couldn’t give these things away so they made them same price for either Hemi version and sent them to the dealers and they sat while regular Hemi were selling. Imagine that…lol. I don’t buy what I don’t want and ordered Exactly what I wanted knowing the 2022 lead times.

I was prepared (borrowed a truck) to wait 4 -5 months to get it, and made the wise choice, because I got what I wanted and now happy with my purchase.

Today the 2022’s are on the lots. My dealer has five 2022’s, all regular Hemis. They also have two 2021 with e-torque still sitting from when I ordered my truck Sept 1st.

Not everyone can “borrow” a truck for 5 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCA

Reaction score
To Activate The Autostop Mode, The Following Must
Occur:
1. The system must be in STOP/START READY state. A
STOP/START READY message will be displayed in the
instrument cluster within the Stop/Start section. Refer to
“Instrument Cluster Display” in “Getting To know Your
Instrument Panel” for further information.
2. The vehicle must be completely stopped.
3. The transmission Gear Selector must be in DRIVE and the
brake pedal depressed.
The engine will shut down, the tachometer will move to the
zero position and the stop/start telltale will illuminate indi￾
cating you are in an Autostop. While in an Autostop, the
Climate Controls system may automatically adjust airflow to
maintain cabin comfort. Customer settings will be main￾
tained upon return to an engine running condition.

Possible Reasons The Engine Does Not Autostop
Prior to engine shut down, the system will check many safety
and comfort conditions to see if they are fulfilled. In
following situations, the engine will not Autostop:
• Driver’s seat belt is not buckled.
• Driver’s door is not closed.
• The vehicle is on a steep grade.
• Cabin heating or cooling is in process and an acceptable
cabin temperature has not been achieved.
• HVAC is set to full defrost mode at a high blower speed.
• Engine has not reached normal operating temperature.
• Engine temperature too high.
• The battery is charging.
• The transmission is not in DRIVE.
• Hood is open.
• Vehicle is in 4LO transfer case mode.
• Accelerator pedal input.
• Excessive 12 volt loads.

To Manually Turn Off /ON The Stop Start System
1. Push the STOP/START Off/on switch (located near the gear
selector). The light on the switch will illuminate or turn off.
STOP/START OFF Switch Below 4x4 Switch
2. The STOP/START OFF message will appear in the
instrument cluster display. Refer to “Instrument Cluster
Display” in “Getting To Know Your Instrument Panel”
for further information.
3. At the next vehicle stop (after turning off the STOP/
START system) the engine will not be stopped.
Thanks! It's strange because all of the factors are met. It still just says "Not Ready". The dealership told me to give it a couple of days.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Thanks! It's strange because all of the factors are met. It still just says "Not Ready". The dealership told me to give it a couple of days.
Are you doing just short drives each day? If so it may take quite awhile. You might try a battery/trickle charger on it overnight for the next few nights to charge up the battery. We did that with my wife’s Jeep.

Just a thought.

SCA

Reaction score
Are you doing just short drives each day? If so it may take quite awhile. You might try a battery/trickle charger on it overnight for the next few nights to charge up the battery. We did that with my wife’s Jeep.

Just a thought.
I may do that. The furthest I have driven it so far is about 20 miles. It has been short trips so far.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I may do that. The furthest I have driven it so far is about 20 miles. It has been short trips so far.

Do you know if the truck sat on the dealer lot for awhile? We picked up our ‘17 Cherokee Overland right off the delivery truck and a week later the battery was dead in our garage(they couldn’t even jump start it). This is my first e-torque so I’m not sure if it’s the battery or e-torque battery that controls our start/stop.

A weak battery is partially part of the issue I bet. I can drive our Cherokee for a week solid with short drives and it will not activate the start/stop function as there are items that continuously trickle power from the battery all the time.

If you can‘t get it to work I’d definitely take it back to the dealer and have them replace the battery or e-torque battery if that’s what controls it.

SCA

Reaction score
Do you know if the truck sat on the dealer lot for awhile? We picked up our ‘17 Cherokee Overland right off the delivery truck and a week later the battery was dead in our garage(they couldn’t even jump start it). This is my first e-torque so I’m not sure if it’s the battery or e-torque battery that controls our start/stop.

A weak battery is partially part of the issue I bet. I can drive our Cherokee for a week solid with short drives and it will not activate the start/stop function as there are items that continuously trickle power from the battery all the time.

If you can‘t get it to work I’d definitely take it back to the dealer and have them replace the battery or e-torque battery if that’s what controls it.
I have to drive a couple of hundred miles on Monday. If it doesn't work after that I will call the dealer.

BowDown

Reaction score
Mine sat on a dealers lot 10 months before I bought it and my auto start stop worked the first minute I drove the truck. Somethings wrong with yours, take it to the dealer service

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Mine sat on a dealers lot 10 months before I bought it and my auto start stop worked the first minute I drove the truck. Somethings wrong with yours, take it to the dealer service
I agree with you but everyone takes things at their own pace. Our Jeep was just a battery swap and it worked immediately. Not sure what controls the e-torque start/stop so it could be multiple issues that will need work.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I keep my AC on low at all times and it never kicks in which I’m happy with.
On my 2015 with a 5.7 and 3.92 the green eco light was on and off all the time. I never even noticed any difference. Now with the 3.21, you very seldom see the green eco light.

BowDown

Reaction score
I agree with you but everyone takes things at their own pace. Our Jeep was just a battery swap and it worked immediately. Not sure what controls the e-torque start/stop so it could be multiple issues that will need work.

Yes, I was assuming it wasn't a bad battery. A bad battery would never allow it to shut off being that it would always need charging

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree there is probably something wrong with your Etrq system.

My truck was a lot truck and sat at the dealership from July/Aug 2019 until I bought her the end of Dec. The *** worked on the drive home from the dealership, which is maybe 15 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread