5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just out of curiosity...

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OMG, I'm moving there, wherever there is!
Virtually all the states have this, but enforcement is pretty low-end and spotty. It's harder for a cop to ID a left lane camper than it is to hit someone with a radar gun. I think I've seen one or two get pulled over the years.

I love the idea of an American Autobahn. Left lane campers are the bane of my existence, and I rarely even drive over the speed limit any more. They're either too scared to step on the pedal a little bit and get out of the way, too stupid to realize they're sitting in a lane they have no business being in, or too passive-aggressive to just get their dumb asses over because they think they own the lane or they're the speed police. People like that are what vehicle-mounted rocket propelled grenades were created for :D

Ram92131

Reaction score
Virtually all the states have this, but enforcement is pretty low-end and spotty. It's harder for a cop to ID a left lane camper than it is to hit someone with a radar gun. I think I've seen one or two get pulled over the years.

I love the idea of an American Autobahn. Left lane campers are the bane of my existence, and I rarely even drive over the speed limit any more. They're either too scared to step on the pedal a little bit and get out of the way, too stupid to realize they're sitting in a lane they have no business being in, or too passive-aggressive to just get their dumb asses over because they think they own the lane or they're the speed police. People like that are what vehicle-mounted rocket propelled grenades were created for :D
And those left lane cloggers are, around here, most often in a Prius, Camry, or Odyssey. And they seem pretty evenly divided between being dense/stupid and being self-absorbed “how dare you tell me how to act” types.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And those left lane cloggers are, around here, most often in a Prius, Camry, or Odyssey. And they seem pretty evenly divided between being dense/stupid and being self-absorbed “how dare you tell me how to act” types.

Those are THE most offenders I see .. or if you are just over the limit yourself and you see this little mosquito of a vehicle go flying past you -- I'm like, "Dude - your vehicle gets tapped and you are going to die - no question about that!"

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am guessing all Trims and optioned 5th Gen Rams are governed to 105MPH? Hopefully someone comes out with a Govenor overide.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Today I was on the interstate where the speed limit is 65mph. Traffic was moderate but steady. Sitting in the left lane with out of State plates were two walruses driving something from the Far East. They had been passed by vehicles in the right lane prior to my arrival. They kept the cruise on 55mph comfortably. Demonstrating some aversion to the lane running parallel just to their right and probably baffled by numerous dirty looks at every vehicle speeding by in that right lane

As I passed them and pulled back into the left lane, the passing lane; one of them showed me a single finger. Just one. Now I’m culturally savvy and I’ve been around the block more than some.

But as I turned the volume dial up, put the windows all the way down, and leaned into my seat which was on high and doing a banner job cooling my credentials - I couldn’t help but wonder what the purpose of a single finger was suppose to imply to me. The expression accompanying the finger play illustrated some form of disapproval.

Then I reminded myself that nothing has meaning unless I allow it to have meaning and I was likely having a better day than they. So I replied with a hearty salutation and friendly single open palm. I then out the Hemi to work just to feel her rumble and a giant smile eased across my face like honey on my lips.

Now I was having fun

Users who are viewing this thread